Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Keep Landing Gear Raised?

Reaction score
Intend to suspend Inspire off scaffolding pipe rigged to roof rack. Can pull landing gear up while Inspire in idle, but they come back down a few seconds after shutting down motors.

Reluctant to keep craft in idle as motors speed up to correct position once moving (even in ATTI).

Considered disconnecting landing gear motor, but just seeing if anyone has other ideas...?

Intend to suspend Inspire off scaffolding pipe rigged to roof rack. Can pull landing gear up while Inspire in idle, but they come back down a few seconds after shutting down motors.

Reluctant to keep craft in idle as motors speed up to correct position once moving (even in ATTI).

Considered disconnecting landing gear motor, but just seeing if anyone has other ideas...?
Did you switch off the automatic landing gear in GO?
Did you switch off VPS in GO?
You shouldn't need to run the motors at all.

Did you switch off the automatic landing gear in GO?
Did you switch off VPS in GO?
You shouldn't need to run the motors at all.

Yup, did all of that. To get landing gear up in the first place, Inspire has to at least be in idle. Once up, I can shut down motors and landing gear remain raised... But after a few seconds something times out and landing gear lowers.

I'm pretty sure this has been something added in the last two firmware updates.

Haven't tried attaching gimbal in transportation mode (as this would suffice), but I doubt it will work.

Yup, did all of that. To get landing gear up in the first place, Inspire has to at least be in idle. Once up, I can shut down motors and landing gear remain raised... But after a few seconds something times out and landing gear lowers.

I'm pretty sure this has been something added in the last two firmware updates.

Haven't tried attaching gimbal in transportation mode (as this would suffice), but I doubt it will work.
No, will not work.

I could imagine for some shots it would be sufficient to be able to turn the pole or rig instead of panning the gimbal. But in your case it probably wouldn't.
I hope we can find a way to fool this needless piece of automation. I'm interested in the same solution.

I "accidentally" found a way to keep the landing gear up in the "flight" position... I was on a baseball diamond in the infield "dirt" and tried to put it in "storage" mode. Every time I tried to go from landing to storage mode it would go into "flight" mode. I walked over to the table and back a few times so I put it in different spots in the infield and it kept going into flight mode. I quickly googled it and it said the visual position system is responsible for how far the LG go... I put it on the pavement and sure enough, storage position achieved... So try a baseball diamond or probably something that it can really read...

What if you take the props off ? Motors can run and have not effect on position ?

What if you take the props off ? Motors can run and have not effect on position ?
Not a good idea to run motors with no load. Brushless motors should not be run for any significant period without a load.
Additionally, the aircraft will go through what's known as integral wind up. This is where the motion of the aircraft (in this case on the roof of a car) will affect the gyro and accelerometers. This data will be fed to the flight controller and will translate into motor throttle output. Because the craft will not adjust attitude (it's not flying and has no props mounted) the flight controller will interpret this as an error and try harder until eventually it reaches full throttle on any particular axis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkaur