Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Major vibration

Are dealers getting these parts and instructions as well?

Dealers are not authorized repair centers for the inspire. IF they make a user repair kit, I would think you would still need to call the support center. I think they would be interested in the serial number of these units. Not all units have this issue, only one of my inspires did.

just some thing to add, mine has a little noticeable play in both t collars. its even on both sides, and has no extra vibration at all. so if someone feels a little play, that doesn't neccesarily mean you need to tighten/ fix anything. heres a slo of mine

Gentleman, some bird told me that the "missing link" (or the thing to do the "Grand Finalle") is to do all that Thomas did plus the regulation of the swing arms via the underneath bolt (the one with that voids warranty).
We´re almost there gentleman.

Blade strike, I can clearly see that you´re tied up regarding your relationship with DJI. Thank you very much for your effort to show us the path.

ATB.

Any chance some kind soul who understands the crypto-talk here can put the how to together for simple folk who have wobbly arms?

It sounds like if you do this incorrectly you can do damage.

Clear simple how to would probably help a bunch of people if DJI can't/won't/is unable.

Reactions: Eliran
Should be very smooth.. With little to no arm movements.. I was doing some test a few weeks back.. Here is a video of one of them

I haven´t noticed any vibs on my I1 but will do have a check and record and post asap for you guys to see. also no issues on the camera and videos done so far but will keep an eye open for the issue.
thanks for sharing :)

I had the same "issue" with my Inspire 1. I ordered the balancing rod for the Inspire 1 that works with the ( DU_BRO) Prop Balancer. Amazingly enough the Stock Inspire 1 props are not that far out of balance, but they where slightly out. After balancing the props it appears that ALL vibration is gone from my Inspire 1 !!! I have never seen such a slight balance make that large of a difference but, maybe due to the positioning of the motors and the composition of the prop arms they are more susceptible to vibration from an out of balance prop.

Anyone else try this ?

can you tell me where you bought the prop balancer and maybe post a pic?
prop balancing is essential not only in the horizontal but also in the upright direction which is the "eye" of the prop (the screw) in this case... I have done some on my carbon props I have for my other multirotors. very important.
cheers.

i did put the tape on where the previous rubbers were. on the metal ring around the carbon fiber arm. this meta ring has a gap and is a little bit expanded. .. with help of the tape on in and then the cover put on it again firmly the gap will be closed (because the metal ring will be compressed) and all is good.

phew.. difficult to explain :) i unfortunately didn't take pictures. if more people wants to see it again, i am happy to open it up again and shoot some. but maybe someone else did some more pictures. What rob had posted some pages back was enough for me to understand though..

thomas

if anyone (DJI) could tell me how many millimeters thick the piece that goes around the metal ring has to be I could 3D print them and check if it is any better or send it to someone in the forum to see if that solves the issue. ( I am located in Hungary but can send it anywhere) I´d be happy to help if I can.
I could make two half shells that can be put on the tube.
Price is second in the what is important list... I think keeping together is no 1. no?
let me know what I can do if anyone would like have a prototype. - I am telling this because a few pages back it was said that there had to be searched for the right plastic thickness to be good. here I can print the right size down to a thounds-thst of a mm to be exact 28 micron is one layer. just a thought.

I am just calibrating in advanced settings the IMU can someone tell me any good values?
I am hoping to eliminate the slight YAW turning I experienced today... the software told me it will take about 5-10 min...
my arms and T shells seem to be ok and yes I have the warranty sticker version... :(

sorry again for the edit, I hope it´s ok to calib in the living room... with floor heating and wooden floor... or?
calib said IMU is good now.. will check tomorrow outside :)
I would not really have a level surface outside...

cheers

adding on:
I switched on everything no camera installed for the IMU calib. after failing to update my flight log into the cloud I just restarted my phone (s4active). app launches and up comes this error message:
did anyone ran into this before?
after restarting both units (remote and aircraft) everything seems to be working fine....

Last edited:
Yes, and half of the forum says it doesn't work
Don't do that it's glued, you will break the tube if you move the nut. Fix the inside t bar with the rubber strip as explained
did you saw this video?
Don't do that it's glued, you will break the tube if you move the nut.
Fix the inside t bar with the rubber strip as explained. It worked for me half way, I also had to remove some material between the split of the aluminum collar since one of the collars fully closed had still some lee even with the rubber strip added.
(Yes this is the Chinese perfection and quality control)

Godammn, my vibrations are just gone. I give my word that I did NOTHING to the shakes just vanish.
The only interference was my whippet's nose "smelling" the props of my I1.

I've had my inspire for a week today. I've logged over 25 flights and I must say i'm very pleased with it. Yesterday afternoon on my third flight of the day there was a very strong vibration at initial take off. The vibration was very strong in gear down and gear up during the transformation the vibration dissipated completely. I landed to check the props and make sure everything was nice and tight. I took off again the vibration was still there I flew hundred feet or so landed then took off and the vibration went away. I took it to my dealer today to have them take a look at it. They said that they experience vibrations with their Inspire as well from day one. They reset my gains back to factory settings did an advanced calibration and took off and landed a few times. The first take off the vibration was considerable, subsequent takeoff and landing's the vibration dissipated and then went away completely. Their analysis is based on experience with their Inspire is that the motors and ESC's need to warm up.
I would like to know has anybody experienced vibrations with their inspire at any time? As I said before I've flown it over 25 times without a single vibration. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Your arms should be loose, do not screw the nuts, then bust warranty. imbalance lies in motor angle. Certain vibration must be reckoned with. there is vibration in helicopters and. the same with airplanes and:):D

if anyone (DJI) could tell me how many millimeters thick the piece that goes around the metal ring has to be I could 3D print them and check if it is any better or send it to someone in the forum to see if that solves the issue. ( I am located in Hungary but can send it anywhere) I´d be happy to help if I can.
I could make two half shells that can be put on the tube.
Price is second in the what is important list... I think keeping together is no 1. no?
let me know what I can do if anyone would like have a prototype. - I am telling this because a few pages back it was said that there had to be searched for the right plastic thickness to be good. here I can print the right size down to a thounds-thst of a mm to be exact 28 micron is one layer. just a thought.

I don't believe one size fits all. In my case the left side had more play than the right. It's really a trial and error procedure.

Godammn, my vibrations are just gone. I give my word that I did NOTHING to the shakes just vanish.
The only interference was my whippet's nose "smelling" the props of my I1.

I hope they are gone for good. However, just a temperature change could cause this.

What we need is an idea of what " free play " we should have. I put mine on a flat surface with some paper under each front leg. I then moved the legs out, marked the bottom of the leg, then moved them in and marked again. I had about 3mm. My arms do have a small amount of movement at the joint. My props all needed balancing as well. I think people all have a different degree of free play but Should we have any?

It has been stated by DJI that a degree of movement is normal and does not effect performance. If you have visible oscillation that effects your video quality then you need to contact DJI for repairs. If you DIY then you are on your own. I was at DJI in LA this last week and watched the Techs repairing the Inspires. Most of the repairs are for broken arms. Some are for broken camera/gimbals. The rest are a mix of other issues. Just an FYI I updated an Inspire that was returned as DOA and it was perfect. I flew it on the new firmware several times on both iOS and Android. I was told there are many reasons for returns. It appears that many of them are not based on failures but other personal reasons. However the repair process is very precise. There is a Jig that is used for each arm repair to set the motor angle. If you do not have this, a very expensive machined aluminum jig you will not be able to get it flying the way it was before the crash.

Reactions: diverreb
Hey Ed, I get what you are saying about DIY repairs causing problems rather than fixing them. However, I can buy a new car and adjust the ignition timing without voiding my warranty; and repairs on the Inspire are far less difficult. I had to repair my Inspire's vibration problem because DJI would not admit that there was a problem at that time (early January). The repair was simple and did not require a jig or any special tools. I just wish DJI would show us a little respect.

Hey Ed, I get what you are saying about DIY repairs causing problems rather than fixing them. However, I can buy a new car and adjust the ignition timing without voiding my warranty; and repairs on the Inspire are far less difficult. I had to repair my Inspire's vibration problem because DJI would not admit that there was a problem at that time (early January). The repair was simple and did not require a jig or any special tools. I just wish DJI would show us a little respect.

That is true if you have the tools to do the job. What I am saying is that a user does not have the tools.

That is true if you have the tools to do the job. What I am saying is that a user does not have the tools.
Thanks Ed, perhaps even you can answer a question I have been asking Dji for the past two months...the first two pages of this thread show a slow-mo video of my inspire and detailed instructions for the repair I performed. I have been asking Dji if I missed anything. This repair required a hex wrench, pair of scissors, and a strip of plastic. What did I do wrong?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop