Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New FW 1.8.1.00 Issued 7 Apr 16

Does anybody know, for what is this lever on the Pro Gimbal Mount?

It's the Splutch, it's a very important part of the craft, you should be very careful of it and watch it constantly

It does amazing things [emoji6]

See....It works now! :p

About bloody time [emoji3]

Now this update gets more interesting

See this from the Autopilot thread from DJI

The background is this firmware release also wasn’t planned and primarily addressed a security enhancement we wanted to push out ASAP (and didn’t need all the normal flight control testing). With the exception of some minor issues, firmware for flight control, camera etc weren’t updated to the next major release (which is still under testing - and has been for a while) where the issue below is fixed. The “planned" firmware release is currently the end of April.

Now what made them push this out ASAP hmmm

Ok thank you sooo much...i will start watching it every minute now.... :)
And for what reason its there??

It's to hold the "Special One "

b4195400fa6a3224d0db4110ee24c9df.jpg

Reactions: The Editor
I am not able to update my RC...I'm getting this lost signal message. I updated AC...it went OK...can't do the RC.

Should I go back to the previous firmware?

Thanks,

I am not able to update my RC...I'm getting this lost signal message. I updated AC...it went OK...can't do the RC.

Should I go back to the previous firmware?

Thanks,

What FW is the RC on ?

Try this if your not getting the FW update message, it's reported to work

Without turning on the remote
- make sure you are logged in on the Go App
- sync your flight data
- delete the Go App
- reboot iPad
- install Go App
- log back in
- resync flight data
turn on remote

From DJI BB

Last edited:
Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I've got the "Lost Signal/No Signal" coming from the remote, but it is clearly connected because I have the video feed and all the telemetry. I just have no control over the camera or anything. Any idea when the new update will be posted? I've got a flight Saturday morning for a film -- kind of need to have this thing operational.

This is totally screwed up...I'm having the same issues. As are many other people. DJI needs to communicate now with us and let us know they will be dealing with all of this. I just went back to previous firmware. I have always updaded in a timely manner with firmware updates...with no real install issues.

Reactions: dogear
I never updated to the 1.5.8.0 controller firmware, so will that cause me any issues to now do this latest firmware update?

If your having issues getting the update to show in DJI Go try my post above, as long as your above V1.320 then the controller will update via the DJI Go App to the latest.

It's the Splutch, it's a very important part of the craft, you should be very careful of it and watch it constantly

It does amazing things [emoji6]

About bloody time [emoji3]

Now this update gets more interesting

See this from the Autopilot thread from DJI

The background is this firmware release also wasn’t planned and primarily addressed a security enhancement we wanted to push out ASAP (and didn’t need all the normal flight control testing). With the exception of some minor issues, firmware for flight control, camera etc weren’t updated to the next major release (which is still under testing - and has been for a while) where the issue below is fixed. The “planned" firmware release is currently the end of April.

Now what made them push this out ASAP hmmm

So there is nothing that updated other than the security piece yet they still have it there to download and install?

Updated both my Inspire 1 (X3's) aircraft, RC's and 7 batteries with this firmware. Flights today were good. No issues noted.

I had an issue with one battery during the update. It initially failed, and aircraft was making a noise like a banshee. Found I had to use another battery to restart the Inspire to clear the problem, but on the second attempt the battery upgraded and now reports reports normal.

Oh look... the weather report says FW is cloudy with ill winds blowing... :eek:
Guess I'll keep my birds inside and unplugged till the storm blows over... ;)
I'll check back in a week and see if things are better... :rolleyes:

In other news... NOAA says cold and windy... wasn't worth flying anyway... :p
Hey John Alan-May I ask where in central Illinois you are? I live in Monticello, about 25 miles west of Champaign. I know what you mean about weather. I was playing pick-up-sticks in the yard yesterday afternoon. Started raining, changed to sleet, then snow, then the sun came out.
Hoping to fly my V2 soon if the weather ever gets better. Only got about 10 minutes on it in the back yard.

Updated AC, then 5 batt and after that the RC: no problems. Testflight was ok (total 50 mins) although on 1 occ landing gear went down spontaneously when hovering at approx. 50 mtrs high. Since my last flight was about 200km's away I did a compass calibration out in the open field, 150 mtrs away from my car (no cell phone, no wiring etc.). Readings ~1350 and ~ 1500. Couldn't get better numbers after several attempts. Didn't experience this before, not sure it has todo with the new upgrade...... Had fun and the weather was nice today!

I have updated the remote controller without doing it first for the aircraft and I can't exit the travel mode and so be unable to update the aircraft
Do you have an idea on how to exist the travel mode to make the update ?

Guys, please read the instructions very carefully, and re-read it again.

Do you have a single controller system or a dual controller system. In previous solutions, it was advised to set your slave Controller as the Master controller, and then continue with updates. Once all working, don't forget to re-configure your Master/Slave architecture.

All, do aircraft first, then controllers. Thanks.

What FW is the RC on ?

Try this if your not getting the FW update message, it's reported to work

Without turning on the remote
- make sure you are logged in on the Go App
- sync your flight data
- delete the Go App
- reboot iPad
- install Go App
- log back in
- resync flight data
turn on remote

From DJI BB

Thanks for the info...will try this Monday.

People are reporting issues and DJI have said to hold off updating for now until they fix the no signal and repost a new firmware
Oh now they tell us. LOL Actually, I appreciate the potential for fixing the "no signal" issue. It's a real pain in the you know what.

P3 update went just fine, updating the craft 1st as the instructions for 1.8 reflect. However, I'm not getting any "update beeps" for the Inspire 1 with the X5 attachment installed. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

The following has been released and available of the DJI.com website:

Inspire 1 Pro 1.8.1.00 & Inspire 1 1.8.1.00

1. Firmware upgraded to v1.8.1.00
2. DJI GO Android upgraded to v2.7.2

Hi, First post but did the aircraft along with three batteries and no problem. Started the controller and got the "lost signal" graphic and no update notice. Removed the app, reinstalled and within a few seconds of restarting the app the update was available, installed and all is well. I wonder if Microsoft did the firm and software for this thing what with the endless stream of updates. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe123