Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New fw v1.5.0.30 released now - 07.12.2015

Updated all fine, tried the cam on the Osmo and back on I1 as well and works fine (also interestingly doesn't crash with 4096 modes like the Osmo X3 does...).
No flying yet.

Should I be updating my inspire 1 pro with this? It's only on the inspire 1 download page but the batteries are the same so I'm confused? Only the inspire 1 and not the pro had these issues?

I downloaded the new firmware, put it on the root level of my disk...inserted it into my camera...fired up the Inspire...nothing happened....no DDDD sounds. I have the Zenmuse X5. I've done this several times...have waited 10 minutes or so...nothing seems to be happening.

I have downloaded the firmware twice to make sure there was not an issue with the bin file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I downloaded the new firmware, put it on the root level of my disk...inserted it into my camera...fired up the Inspire...nothing happened....no DDDD sounds. I have the Zenmuse X5. I've done this several times...have waited 10 minutes or so...nothing seems to be happening.

I have downloaded the firmware twice to make sure there was not an issue with the bin file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Will only work with X3 camera installed. X5 coming soon.

Did u extract the firmware file from the Zip file? The Zip file on the root of the SD card is not gonna work. If I remember correctly the firmware file has .bin extension.

Will only work with X3 camera installed. X5 coming soon.

Did I miss that info somewhere? My APP says I need new firmware and battery upgrade...I'm assuming I just need to ignore this? Am I OK to fly?

Thanks for your help.

Did I miss that info somewhere? My APP says I need new firmware and battery upgrade...I'm assuming I just need to ignore this? Am I OK to fly?

Thanks for your help.

I guess you did :). Ignoring it will more than likely include you with the majority of us on this forum ;-). Yes fly away.

I guess you did :). Ignoring it will more than likely include you with the majority of us on this forum ;-). Yes fly away.
Does this release have any solution for those who upgraded to DJI Go app 2.4.2 and lost camera view?
Will 1.5xx FW work with RC 1.4xx?
Since I have no camera view have been unable to upgrade RC...still grounded.

Hello all. Newer I1 owner. Moving from the Phantom P2V+. I upgraded the Firmware from FW V 01.04.00.10 to the new 01.05.00.30 along with the 3 batteries with no issues on the update. The RC was updated last week to 1.5.70. I will be doing the IMU calibration tonight and compass calibration in the morning. iPad Air 2 with GO app 2.4.2. Thanks for the good info here as this has helped me with my new Inspire.

David

Hello all. Newer I1 owner. Moving from the Phantom P2V+. I upgraded the Firmware from FW V 01.04.00.10 to the new 01.05.00.30 along with the 3 batteries with no issues on the update. The RC was updated last week to 1.5.70. I will be doing the IMU calibration tonight and compass calibration in the morning. iPad Air 2 with GO app 2.4.2. Thanks for the good info here as this has helped me with my new Inspire.

David
Welcome David to the forum and the I1. Enjoy your flying experience.

Something interesting, I updated the AC and all the batteries without power cycle in between, I mean after the D--D-D I shut down, check the SD logs, put the next battery, power up and so forth. When the last update finished, I powered up first the RC then the AC and checked the About in the GO app. Weird, both camera and AC FWs where showing 1.4.0.10, although the logs where showing update success. I had to do a second power cycle to see version 1.5.0.3 in the About page.

I wonder if I need to do that with all previously updated batteries (power cycle with the RC turned on), weird isn't it?

Something interesting, I updated the AC and all the batteries without power cycle in between, I mean after the D--D-D I shut down, check the SD logs, put the next battery, power up and so forth. When the last update finished, I powered up first the RC then the AC and checked the About in the GO app. Weird, both camera and AC FWs where showing 1.4.0.10, although the logs where showing update success. I had to do a second power cycle to see version 1.5.0.3 in the About page.

I wonder if I need to do that with all previously updated batteries (power cycle with the RC turned on), weird isn't it?
I think you are confusing the updating process (which you have done) with the version reporting. After an update you should always shutdown the aircraft before powering up the RC and app and then power up the aircraft. This will ensure that the current software is correctly reported.

Reactions: Andreas

As @Scotflieger says above, the app will not update its version reporting until everything has been power cycled - RC, App and Aircraft.
Although not specifically documented you should also check all your user settings (Max Height, RTH Height, RTH setting, any Expo adjustments, camera resolution, framerate etc, etc) as it is possible that some may have been reset to default values.
Additionally, you should do an IMU, Compass and stick calibration.

I think you are confusing the updating process (which you have done) with the version reporting. After an update you should always shutdown the aircraft before powering up the RC and app and then power up the aircraft. This will ensure that the current software is correctly reported.

I understand and I did that as always. What I'm saying is that I had to power-cycle (not just power up) "with the RC turned on" to understand the version change.

@The Editor @Scotflieger thank you both for the advices, I keep following all the steps in the procedure with excess zeal and every little difference I see makes me wonder until I get a reasonable explanation, in this case it is the RC that needed the power cycle, even when it's FW is not updated.

I hope I'm making sense, thanks!

Heard that the included ESC FW is tuned for the v2.0 higher KV motors and v1 I1's will end up with lowered performance as a result in FW 1.5.

Anyone notice a difference?

Am I the only one who has noticed the huge bitrate bump in 1080 modes?! The increase they have made should show a noticeable improvement. I don't have a need for 4K so the ability to shoot 1080 at at least 40Mbps or 60Mbps for slow motion shots is quite a big one. I will be upgrading later today, and maybe with the lull in the wind I'll be able to test it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool