Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire 2 firmware (April 18, 2018)

Went out for 3 flights today. The bug with the 90 degree camera issue is still there. I was able to replicate it by: Sport mode, while yaw left and roll left at the same time and then switching to Atti mode.
It does it two out of four times.
Also there is a bug where you can no longer turn off Landing check. Even when toggled, the aircraft comes to a halt before landing with a notification something about maximum height reached.

The camera drift is gone for me. Shot with the 7mm, 17mm, and 45mm.
I can turn off the landing check. In fact I have all assistance gimicks turned off. Obstacle avoidance, auto landing gear, all vision sensors. I like to be in control and do not need all these gimicks. Coming from flying 3D electric helicopters for a few years though....

I can turn off the landing check. In fact I have all assistance gimicks turned off. Obstacle avoidance, auto landing gear, all vision sensors. I like to be in control and do not need all these gimicks. Coming from flying 3D electric helicopters for a few years though....

I have toggled it off, but it still checks and halts before landing. I have done a full reset and refresh of the firmware.
Can you please confirm that your aircraft does not halt before landing with the latest firmware.
The only thing I keep on is downward vision sensors, which help in keeping a location while hovering.

I have toggled it off, but it still checks and halts before landing. I have done a full reset and refresh of the firmware.
Can you please confirm that your aircraft does not halt before landing with the latest firmware.
The only thing I keep on is downward vision sensors, which help in keeping a location while hovering.
As I said. I have all sensors switched off, including the vision sensors and mine does not halt upon landing on the latest FW.

As I said. I have all sensors switched off, including the vision sensors and mine does not halt upon landing on the latest FW.

Interesting, I will try a flight with the downward sensors off. Although that is not the fix. Turning off the landing check option should disable the halt before landing.

Interesting, I will try a flight with the downward sensors off. Although that is not the fix. Turning off the landing check option should disable the halt before landing.
You might be right, it sounds like a bug. But to me these things do not matter TBH. I am quite happy with the latest FW. But they did not fix the Gimball Smoothness in Follow Mode slider. It still does nothing and it was such I nice feature when it worked before the last to FW updates. Well, there is still hope I suppose that DJI will fix it in next FW updade or upgrade....

Well I am thoroughly confused at this point. Maybe someone can clarify where I am at with regard to firmware.

Upon start up, I get 4 short beeps which stop. What does that indicate?

Then I get a splash screen indicating "Inconsistent Firmware, Slide To Update" message. (I have not done it, yet)

Upon checking the firmware on the ABOUT page, it looks to all be updated to the latest.

In order to charge the remote, I have to touch the on/off button briefly to evoke the charging process. Otherwise, just clicking sound.

So do I have the latest, or not? Also, what does the 4 beeps indicate at startup? I do not recall those before. Unless I am mistaken.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Inconsistant Firmware 4-29-2018.jpg
    Inconsistant Firmware 4-29-2018.jpg
    836.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Latest Version Info 4-29-2018.jpg
    Latest Version Info 4-29-2018.jpg
    652.9 KB · Views: 29
Well I am thoroughly confused at this point. Maybe someone can clarify where I am at with regard to firmware.

Then I get a splash screen indicating "Inconsistent Firmware, Slide To Update" message. (I have not done it, yet)

Upon checking the firmware on the ABOUT page, it looks to all be updated to the latest.

In order to charge the remote, I have to touch the on/off button briefly to evoke the charging process. Otherwise, just clicking sound.

So do I have the latest, or not? Also, what does the 4 beeps indicate at startup? I do not recall those before. Unless I am mistaken.

Thanks!

When did you update? Sounds like you may have the first release of the firmware for the controller, which had charging issues. Try to do a refresh on the controller.
The slide to update could be that, your other batteries need to be updated. Do you have multiple sets?

You might be right, it sounds like a bug. But to me these things do not matter TBH. I am quite happy with the latest FW. But they did not fix the Gimball Smoothness in Follow Mode slider. It still does nothing and it was such I nice feature when it worked before the last to FW updates. Well, there is still hope I suppose that DJI will fix it in next FW updade or upgrade....

Confirmed! Turned off the downward sensors and landing is no problem.
The aircraft is flying really good. Happy the camera drift is gone.

That inconsistent firmware message is about your battery. You’ll get that message for each pair of batteries for which you have not updated (except the first pair you used for updating the AC’s firmware, those got updated along with the AC). The release note also vaguely says something about charge the batteries and let them sit for 72 hours - it was not clear if that step is needed only for those that had broken cells, or for all batteries.

About the RC charging issue... Some members on this and DJI’s forum are reporting that DJI re-released the RC firmware (with the same version number!) to fix the charging issue. You can press and hold the top right Menu icon in the Go app for about 10 seconds to rollback and re-apply the RC firmware. I never bothered.

Yup, this is typically DJI. As much as they try (or do they?), still way far from “just works.”

Thanks!

That inconsistent firmware message is about your battery. You’ll get that message for each pair of batteries for which you have not updated (except the first pair you used for updating the AC’s firmware, those got updated along with the AC). The release note also vaguely says something about charge the batteries and let them sit for 72 hours - it was not clear if that step is needed only for those that had broken cells, or for all batteries.

About the RC charging issue... Some members on this and DJI’s forum are reporting that DJI re-released the RC firmware (with the same version number!) to fix the charging issue. You can press and hold the top right Menu icon in the Go app for about 10 seconds to rollback and re-apply the RC firmware. I never bothered.

Yup, this is typically DJI. As much as they try (or do they?), still way far from “just works.”

So updating the batteries: Isn't that done by just inserting them on the bird with the new firmware and turning it on? Or do I have that incorrect?

When did you update? Sounds like you may have the first release of the firmware for the controller, which had charging issues. Try to do a refresh on the controller.
The slide to update could be that, your other batteries need to be updated. Do you have multiple sets?

Yes multiple sets. Isn't updating the battery done by installing them on the bird with the new firmware and then turning on? Even with a set that I did this with, I still got the message.

Insert batteries, turn it on, wait for the inconsistent firmware message to pop up, slide to update.

So updating the batteries: Isn't that done by just inserting them on the bird with the new firmware and turning it on? Or do I have that incorrect?

Reactions: cvanhoose
I have performed about 12 flights since the update and the camera drift is not fixed for me, still drifts on the X5S with 12, 25 and 45mm lenses. Every time I land the gimbal jerks about 45 degrees to the right regardless of the angle it’s pointing. And my BIGGEST pet peave about the last several FW updates is they still haven’t added back the exposure value when shooting video in Raw or ProRes!! How the hell can one get an accurate exposure adjustment when they have nothing to go by?! Come on DJI!

I have performed about 12 flights since the update and the camera drift is not fixed for me, still drifts on the X5S with 12, 25 and 45mm lenses. Every time I land the gimbal jerks about 45 degrees to the right regardless of the angle it’s pointing. And my BIGGEST pet peave about the last several FW updates is they still haven’t added back the exposure value when shooting video in Raw or ProRes!! How the hell can one get an accurate exposure adjustment when they have nothing to go by?! Come on DJI!
Camera drift is not gone for me either with X5S, 15mm and 45mm lenses.

Things it did fix:
  1. X4s Gimbal drift
  2. Camera Centers on start-up....Before it was always off center by a bit. I would have to go in and manually correct this in the gimbal adjustments.
  3. Camera distortion problem....I was getting horrible distortion in most all of the photos taken with the X4s.
  4. Image transmission in 1080 when recording in 4k....before, I could only view the image in 720p when recording in 4k

Problems that came from update:

1. When powered on and in camera mode, I constantly get the red message in the top left "week image transmission" and the image freezes up for a good few seconds then comes back and the process repeats. If I change to video mode, this does not happen. What gives here?
  2. When I land the AC, as soon as I touch down, the X4s turns 90 degrees. If I hit my quick button to recenter the gimbal, it works fine and on start-up it is still centered. Only happens when landing.

Anyone have any input as to why this is happening when in camera mode? (Check out Video)

Attachments

• I2 Firmware.jpg
    I2 Firmware.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: slim.slamma

Things it did fix:
  1. X4s Gimbal drift
  2. Camera Centers on start-up....Before it was always off center by a bit. I would have to go in and manually correct this in the gimbal adjustments.
  3. Camera distortion problem....I was getting horrible distortion in most all of the photos taken with the X4s.
  4. Image transmission in 1080 when recording in 4k....before, I could only view the image in 720p when recording in 4k

Problems that came from update:

1. When powered on and in camera mode, I constantly get the red message in the top left "week image transmission" and the image freezes up for a good few seconds then comes back and the process repeats. If I change to video mode, this does not happen. What gives here?
  2. When I land the AC, as soon as I touch down, the X4s turns 90 degrees. If I hit my quick button to recenter the gimbal, it works fine and on start-up it is still centered. Only happens when landing.

Anyone have any input as to why this is happening when in camera mode? (Check out Video)

Hi Kyle, the camera turning on its own is a know glitch with the latest firmware.

Do you have the same weak transmission and image freeze ups outside your home? What monitor are you using?

Hi Kyle, the camera turning on its own is a know glitch with the latest firmware.

Do you have the same weak transmission and image freeze ups outside your home? What monitor are you using?

Thanks for the reply. I read that quite a few others are dealing with the same issue of the camera turning on it's own. Hopefully they address this soon.

Yes, the weak image trasmission happens outside of the home as well. I always run tests inside and before the update, I never had the issue with image transmission...inside or outside of the home. Which tells me it's the update. As you can see in the video. The FPV camera isn't effected, only the main camera/gimbal.

***UPDATE***

I updated my Ipad pro to the latest version of software as well as the DJI GO 4 app. The problem still persists with week images transmission. **NOTE** I only have these issues when streaming image in 1080p. If i switch to stream image in 720p. The problem goes away and image transmission is normal.

Also, after several attempts to calibrate the compass...it would fail every time. I would change locations for each try and still nothing seemed to work. I was connected to 18 sats and flight seemed very stable.

DJI really messed up this time IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool