Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire 2 firmware (April 18, 2018)

***UPDATE***

I updated my Ipad pro to the latest version of software as well as the DJI GO 4 app. The problem still persists with week images transmission. **NOTE** I only have these issues when streaming image in 1080p. If i switch to stream image in 720p. The problem goes away and image transmission is normal.

Also, after several attempts to calibrate the compass...it would fail every time. I would change locations for each try and still nothing seemed to work. I was connected to 18 sats and flight seemed very stable.

DJI really messed up this time IMO.
Also the Mechanical Shutter is no more available on X4S. I do not get this. Why would they remove the switch?? Maybe it is now ON by default when in Photo Mode??

***UPDATE***

I updated my Ipad pro to the latest version of software as well as the DJI GO 4 app. The problem still persists with week images transmission. **NOTE** I only have these issues when streaming image in 1080p. If i switch to stream image in 720p. The problem goes away and image transmission is normal.

Also, after several attempts to calibrate the compass...it would fail every time. I would change locations for each try and still nothing seemed to work. I was connected to 18 sats and flight seemed very stable.

Whow !! hopefully they fix this soon !!! i need to broadcast sports with 1080p output !!

I am referring to the image transmission from AC to Ipad. I am not sure if broadcast is effected or not. You MAY be safe

Reactions: pepeticos
Also the Mechanical Shutter is no more available on X4S. I do not get this. Why would they remove the switch?? Maybe it is now ON by default when in Photo Mode??
This now works as Auto. When taking photos and the shutter speed is within the mechanical shutter range it is automatically On, outside the range it is electronic. It kind of make sense..

Reactions: Paul Nordin
Interesting, I will try a flight with the downward sensors off. Although that is not the fix. Turning off the landing check option should disable the halt before landing.
A little OT here... I, too, like to fly with all sensors off. But even with all sensors off vertical descent speed is slowed when you get roughly 5 feet from the ground. This may not seem a problem but I can't chase a car down a road grade at bumper height. The Inspire simply won't descend fast enough when it's 1 or 2 feet off the deck. I have max descent speed set. No amount of turning off the nanny features will fix this. Any ideas? I'm thinking tape over the sonar sensor... but haven't tried that yet.

EDIT: I can chase it up the grade though!

A little OT here... I, too, like to fly with all sensors off. But even with all sensors off vertical descent speed is slowed when you get roughly 5 feet from the ground. This may not seem a problem but I can't chase a car down a road grade at bumper height. The Inspire simply won't descend fast enough when it's 1 or 2 feet off the deck. I have max descent speed set. No amount of turning off the nanny features will fix this. Any ideas? I'm thinking tape over the sonar sensor... but haven't tried that yet.

Is the landing check turned off? I believe it's in a different spot than all the other sensor settings.

I have all sensors, i.e.OAS and visual downward sensors turned off and Auto landing gear off and my I2 does not pause upon landing. I can go as fast as I want all the way to the ground

Got it to work. Thanks!

I pressed the Power Up button briefly and got one white LED on the RC, then quickly plugged the charger in before it went out and it seems to be charging up again.

I'll wait to see how it behaves when fully charged and if some other update is needed. It took me through a couple of "Failed Updates" and sending the data to DJI before it finally said everything is updated. I doubled checked it all after rebooting and nothing showed s being needed to update - just the RC is sort of wonky now with the charging.

On the main GO 4 screen where it says "Update required" in blue on the left upper part of the opening page, I found if I clicked the small "i" in the circle within it, it opens up another page that shows just what components it is updating along with their percentage done as well as the overall firmware percentage done (i.e. Two percentages shown.). This update did a lot to the Vision sensor camera, four IMUs, main camera, video processor, etc.

After this mess, I really wonder if anyone at DJI really checks these things with each update. Seems they always manage to mess up something else in the process. Surely they would have caught the charger error if it has happened to three of us here.

I contacted DJI on another issue today and also mentioned the charging problem. They had no idea what I was talking about, but did suggest to send my remote in for repair.

That inconsistent firmware message is about your battery. You’ll get that message for each pair of batteries for which you have not updated (except the first pair you used for updating the AC’s firmware, those got updated along with the AC). The release note also vaguely says something about charge the batteries and let them sit for 72 hours - it was not clear if that step is needed only for those that had broken cells, or for all batteries.

About the RC charging issue... Some members on this and DJI’s forum are reporting that DJI re-released the RC firmware (with the same version number!) to fix the charging issue. You can press and hold the top right Menu icon in the Go app for about 10 seconds to rollback and re-apply the RC firmware. I never bothered.

Yup, this is typically DJI. As much as they try (or do they?), still way far from “just works.”

Refreshing the RC firmware corrected the charging issue. Thanks!

Is the landing check turned off? I believe it's in a different spot than all the other sensor settings.
Yes, landing check is turned off. With landing check it used to completely stop its descent about 2 feet up and then continue to descend slowly. With it turned off, it no longer pauses the descent, it just slows it down.

S
I have all sensors, i.e.OAS and visual downward sensors turned off and Auto landing gear off and my I2 does not pause upon landing. I can go as fast as I want all the way to the ground
So, if you had the vertical descent speed cranked all the way up to 20 mph, do you think you could crash it into the ground at that speed without it slowing? Not that I’d ever want to do that! But just a thought experiment to see if all sensors are turned off. I’ll have to try this again...

Short question about the latest update. When I did the last update I’m having some problems with the battery of the remote controller. When I take it of the charger after 15 minutes the battery level is on 75%. Is that normal? I thought I flew longer with a fully charged battery.

I'm waiting for other folks to be guinea pigs before I tempt fate.

I wish I hadn't updated, Now the program I use for doing Panos won't work, That is Litchi and Drone Deploy locked up on me today. I'm going back to the previous version, no more updates for me.

***UPDATE***

If your having those issues I would try resetting back to factory settings then do a FW refresh using assistant. Not everyone is seeing this myself included so prob something wrong with your FW install.

Just make sure your calibrating in a metal free location too which I’m sure you are

Reactions: **Kyle**
I wish I hadn't updated, Now the program I use for doing Panos won't work, That is Litchi and Drone Deploy locked up on me today. I'm going back to the previous version, no more updates for me.

[email protected] replied to my email about the gimbal / camera no longer under the control of Litchi during Waypoint missions. They got back to me this morning and notified me that the gimbal / camera is no longer controllable with Lithchi as a Firmware bug has been introduced in this latest firmware update. I was using Litchi 4.6.0-a and upgraded to the 4.6.1-a version and none of them work. I do not believe I can back out of this Inspire 2 update. It updated my aircraft, camera, batteries, and remote controller. I now have to try to work something out that uses the GO4 app and Spotlight Pro to try to get the repeatable missions I would get with Litchi. The workflow is longer as I have to fly the waypoints and save them now. I can only imagine this has put many professionals out of work or stumbling with workarounds right now. What is DJI doing??????????

Anyone know if this gimbal yaw issue has found it's way into the M200 flying an X5S? Might be a clue to where the glitch code resides if it is there or even if not present.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207