Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Shaky Image and Loud Buzzing when Moving Laterally (X3)

Reaction score
Hi:

I have been flying an Inspire 1 since September 2015 and recently ran in to an issue with the image quality when moving laterally in either direction (the most sever image distortion occurs when moving laterally to the left) near and up to 100% stick application.

After noticing this issue start roughly 2-weeks ago, I turned the I1 on while grounded and moved the aircraft by hand. At higher angles, the gimbal makes a loud buzzing sound and vibrates quite a lot. To determine whether or not the issue was with the gimbal or aircraft, I connected the X3 to my Osmo and attempted to generate the same issue; however, when positioning the gimbal at an extreme angle simulating lateral aircraft movements, there is no vibration or loud buzzing.

Given the above, I can only assume that there may be an issue with the aircraft. Before going through what I recall from previous engagements with DJI repair and support as a long, drawn-out process, I am hoping that someone on this forum has experienced a similar issue?

In advance, thank you for your input and help!

- Matt

Hello Matt, I personally have not had any problems with my birds of this type. I would love to see some video of this occurring so maybe we can figure it out. Can you upload some examples of this problem?
Thanks
Ralph
FlyHighUSA

Thank you for the response, Ralph.

I have attached a brief video. I tested the X3 again this evening on the Osmo (I share the X3 between my I1 and Osmo) and still was not able to replicate the issue; the test was done in all three (3) positions: Upright, Flashlight and Underslung.

Something interesting did happen after attaching the gimbal following it being attached to the Osmo; after connecting to the I1, the GoApp went from camera view back to the screen where you select your platform (if one has not been automatically recognized). When it went back to this screen, the only platform option available was the Osmo. This is leading me to believe that it may be either an issue with the aircraft, or possibly a bug in the current firmware.

All the best,

Matt

Thank you for the response, Ralph.

I have attached a brief video. I tested the X3 again this evening on the Osmo (I share the X3 between my I1 and Osmo) and still was not able to replicate the issue; the test was done in all three (3) positions: Upright, Flashlight and Underslung.

Something interesting did happen after attaching the gimbal following it being attached to the Osmo; after connecting to the I1, the GoApp went from camera view back to the screen where you select your platform (if one has not been automatically recognized). When it went back to this screen, the only platform option available was the Osmo. This is leading me to believe that it may be either an issue with the aircraft, or possibly a bug in the current firmware.

All the best,

Matt

Sounds like buggy firmware to me. Very frustrating.

What lens did you say you were using also I think I remember you saying that you was running the latest firmware.
I performed my testing with the standard (stock) lens as well as a polar pro ND34. You are correct about the firmware; I have the most recent versions for the RC, aircraft and DJI GoApp.

I performed my testing with the standard (stock) lens as well as a polar pro ND34. You are correct about the firmware; I have the most recent versions for the RC, aircraft and DJI GoApp.
I have had a few x5's have the shakes but not in a while now. I would try downgrading the firmware and reinstalling the new firmware again. Also I would delete the app and redone load the app. I know this sounds crazy but stranger things have happened.

Stranger things, indeed.

I downgraded the firmware; reloaded the most recent version; and lost the problems.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop