Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

So my inspire crashed into a tree today

Reaction score
Crash looked very similar to IMU bug crash even tho it was running latest firmware. Around 2 minutes into flight, it was getting GPS error, switched to ATTI mode and back when GPS mode was corrected. It then flew for another another 10 minutes with no problem. When I was coming in to land after few seconds of hover, forward stick to move up but it accelerated uncontrollably 20ft into a tree.

Battery level was around 35%, IMU and compass was calibrated before flight.

Seemed like I was getting GPS error almost every time 1-2 mins into flight with latest firmware but always corrected itself after a few moments in ATTI mode.

Attached is the aftermath...

Attachments

• IMG_1383.JPG
    IMG_1383.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1382.JPG
    IMG_1382.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1381.JPG
    IMG_1381.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 170
I have partial recover of the video but it doesn't the crash since it went down and the camera/gimbal came off.

Ouch. Looks like a pretty good hit. Sorry bout to see it. Is this from hitting the ground after falling or from the initial impact?

Crash looked very similar to IMU bug crash even tho it was running latest firmware. Around 2 minutes into flight, it was getting GPS error, switched to ATTI mode and back when GPS mode was corrected. It then flew for another another 10 minutes with no problem. When I was coming in to land after few seconds of hover, forward stick to move up but it accelerated uncontrollably 20ft into a tree.

Battery level was around 35%, IMU and compass was calibrated before flight.

Seemed like I was getting GPS error almost every time 1-2 mins into flight with latest firmware but always corrected itself after a few moments in ATTI mode.

Attached is the aftermath...
Hey hammer. .
sorry about your crash...don't let it get you down...
doesn't look to expensive to fix..hopefully it will be in the 500.00 range..
turbo. .

WOW!!!
I have waited over an hour for US phone support and all they can give me was offer RMA. They can not even provide me with estimate cost on repair, refused to discuss it and turn around is atlas 3-4 weeks.
Support email from HK is no help either...

Where's the 24hr support that was advertised?

it's totally rubbish unfortunately, and is part of the reason I was glad to have bought through a dealer, because when mine had a fault on delivery, the dealer eventually just sent me a new one, and took it up with DJI themselves.

The support is a real worry with this product I have to say. It's now three months since it was released and there's still no 'spares' to be seen. Everything from a faulty ESC to a broken LED requires sending around the world for a repair. I hope that changes soon.

These tubes are not even prepreg (dry) carbon that they claim to be.
It's just wet filament wound without pressure or vacuum during the curing process.

Attachments

• IMG_1389.JPG
    IMG_1389.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1390.JPG
    IMG_1390.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 89
I got an email today about my support case asking if I am happy with the outcome!

Problem is there is no outcome?

The DJI Support process is a joke.

Still no response from DJI.
I'm ready to return it back to return the inspire back to the store and charge it back on my Amex but I'm going to try to repair it myself.

Hey Hammer,

Sorry to hear that! It happend also to me.

Gave it back to the dealer and they sent it to DJI (Germany). It is been away for 1,5 week. Today I called them and to my suprisse I heared that mine was repaired yesterday under garanty!

Hammer...I had a similar accident, though mine was total pilot error...no blame on the aircraft at all.
I too had to wait for well over an hour before I got through to an actual human and they too just gave me an RMA number. The case it comes in is not good enough for shipping...thankfully I took delivery of my second bird shortly before so I just wrapped up the broke bird in that box and away it went. I shipped it to California on Feb 13 and it was back for delivery to me yesterday! Total cost of repair was only around $350 USD or so...though I didn't de-construct one of the motors like you did :s

LoL...doesn't look too strong from the standpoint of the pictures...hehe...
I wonder if there's any way to reinforce that area of the arms...seems to me that is the greatest area of weakness?

the thing is, something needs to give. , if the arms are too strong, the next weakest part will break, and even bend the internal mechanical parts in the worm drive area that are at very high tolerances. this could mean un repairable vs. repairable.

Reactions: Kilrah

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84