Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The DJI "Coming Soon (tm)" List for Inspire Owners

Reaction score
Just thought I'd list the stuff we have been told is coming or is rumored to be "coming soon" for Inspire owners.

Please feel free to add anything I missed:

- Updated camera (the "X5"?)
- Handheld gimbal
- Groundstation (aka "waypoints") support
- POI (ie orbit) flight mode
- Home Lock flight mode
- HDR camera mode (already enabled on the P3)
- Dynamic home point that actually follows the controller (like the manual describes)

Anything I miss?

Sounds like with the new drone running light bridge and using the same camera as the inspire they are just going to open program editing to the public on rely on them to give us cool features.

My gut tells me there will probably be more things than that. Here's a list of what I believe might be true in the future (and why):

A Gopro gimbal - Dji is more and more going for a modular, DIY, customization way of doing things, the inspire 1 is one of the drones where it is supposed to be the opposite of that but, I do believe that its the easiest way for them to add some camera options to this model. All of them have go pro mounts, the inspire is just the next step;

(this one is really far fetched) A Sony A7 Mount - A glowingly popular camera, there are already rumors of 3rd party companies attempting to make a gimbal that works on the inspire for this camera (don't ask me how, I heard about it on some podcasts and forums). It's a small mirror-less camera with auto focus capabilities, looks great at low light, might be a great solution.

A Gopro-like mount for the gimbal to attatch wherever you want (helmets, cars, things and stuff) - I mean, why not, its like the handheld one but slightly different and brings a whole idea to the camera. Makes you think "im not just buying a drone, im also buying a camera that can do all sorts of things", it would sell more units for sure. A stabilized mount on my helmet for when im riding my bike? moving the camera with a remote while its attached to a car window? count me in i'm buying that. If Dji isn't making this, they should be.

Some of this stuff might be far fetched, some might not, some might even be already true and I'm stupid. Anyway, just my thoughts, what do you think?

Comming soon list !!!
. Ipad hoody
.Fpvlr advance attena ( not for long range but is for 100% secure connection)
.tb47 battery ( don't dare to goes tb48 heard tooo much battery sudden drop.. )
. Smart charger

Gimbal and interface for blackmagic micro cinema cam.

build a custom for that...probably be to front end heavy for an inspire, and by probably i mean it will plus take advantage of the sbus rc control features :)

If they would just fix the horizon drift issue, i'd be overall satisfied, some of other software stuff will come from 3rd party. An updated camera system would be nice but i'm not holding my breath

And in the mean time: Why don't you all go out and fly with the damned thing! New features and accessories will show up as soon as they are ready. Nice to have something to look forward to while enjoying what we've already have got!!!

And in the mean time: Why don't you all go out and fly with the damned thing! New features and accessories will show up as soon as they are ready. Nice to have something to look forward to while enjoying what we've already have got!!!

DJI Needs more people like you!. o_O.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry