Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What is the lowest temperature you have successfully flown in?

What is the lowest temperature you have flown the Inspire 1?

• Total voters
I'm in denver left my bird at home. If I was home I'd be flying in it. Well maybe not I can't understand how the i1 was so great last winter now all these fw changes. My bird worked superb last winter.

2 feet, nyc is shut down and I'm stuck in denver till monday. Fw 1.6
Issues? Things have changed until I test again I'm not risking it. I don't want to turn into rant mode so
1.6 wasn't needed my bird worked fine last winter. Now I don't know what to expect

2 feet, nyc is shut down and I'm stuck in denver till monday. Fw 1.6
Issues? Things have changed until I test again I'm not risking it. I don't want to turn into rant mode so
1.6 wasn't needed my bird worked fine last winter. Now I don't know what to expect
@slim.slamma !.6 is OK yopu just need to be aware of the low temp protection. 1.5 has been far the biggest improvement in the flight characteristics as far as I am concerned. 1.6 seems to be DJI doing damage limitation fopr people who don't know how to look after Lipos in cold weather.

Yup, icing of the props can occur above freezing point as well as below. This is why it is so important to not only take note of the ambient temperature but dew point as well.
As you have found out, when there is fog (or dew point close to saturation) the pressure drop between the upper and lower surfaces of the prop blades causes a lowering in temperature and ice forms !
I recently retired after 37 years with the airlines. 10 degrees centigrade and lower with any kind of visible moisture was considered icing conditions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont