Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CrystalSky issues?

I suspect that this is a hardware issue. To many opportunities to fix these issues if it were simply FW. What is so maddening is DJI knows but won’t communicate with their customers like Apple for example. How long have you had it?

Last edited:
I had my Crystal Sky Ultra black out on me three times in just 10 flights today. I was forced to return using visual line of sight on two of the occasions as I was unable to get the CS to restart during flight.

Add this to the numerous other bugs and I think mine might be going back for a refund real soon.

In 3 years of flying using various iOs devices (non of which were specifically designed as drone control devices) I have never experienced any serious issues.
very disheartening to hear, I don't know which way to go, if I order from DJI direct, will they warranty for a year?........

I have already retuned one to the dealer. Not going to get another until DJI comes out and admits problem and the fix. Can you imagine this with iPhone X? Same price.

Reactions: jenzeee
I have UB CS and hope to help it age well by keeping brightness turned down to only what is necessary. When on high level I am very concerned that heat dissapation will become a serious issue! I bought it for the express purpose of use during summer while wearing sunglasses. I anticipate the ambient temp will kill it. Good opportunity for someone to design a battery powered cooling fan attachment. But if during the summer if you are circulating 96 degF air onto it, doubt that will be a solution.

Reactions: Miamijato
I suspect that this is a hardware issue. To many opportunities to fix these issues if it were simply FW. What is so maddening is DJI knows but won’t communicate with their customers like Apple for example. How long have you had it?

I guess i’ve had the CS about two months now.

Getting a bit fed up with DJI gear. Just had my patch antenna back from repair (it didn’t work at all from new) and guess what. It still doesn’t work!

Mine blacked out during a flight. Brought home visually. Baklite Never came back. AT DJI for repairs.

Sound like the same problem I am experiencing.

Please report back after the repair.

I was really about to get the CS UB - but after reading all these comments it seems to be an expensive waste of money.
Anyone here who had no issues with the UB display??

I was really about to get the CS UB - but after reading all these comments it seems to be an expensive waste of money.
mine working very well

Just curious as to the CS ultra heat. Do any of you find it gets hot? At full brightness, half brightness??etc?

yes, mine failed the same day new, UB, I returned my for a full refund. When DJI gets there stuff together, I'll get another one.....

I've been using my CS UB for a few months now, and no issues. Other than DJI Go 4 on CS not allowing me to do timelapses faster than 5sec intervals.

Well it’s with great sadness I have to report I’m having another issue with my third CS. I’m on my second UB and this one has a red line across the screen after I moved to the latest update. It’s more visible on a white background but it’s there. Almost like a line of dead pixels. Before you ask yes I have done the reset several times. I have to contact my dealer on this one but I’m thinking I should just forget about these dam CS and pick up another iPad.

IMG_8559.JPG

View attachment 18573

Attachments

• IMG_8439.JPG
    IMG_8439.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
New mod coming...7.85” external fan with 10’ power cord. Mounts with HD Velcro. Priced at $199.99.

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez