Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CrystalSky issues?

Reaction score
hey everyone, as of this date today, have many issues been fixed or addressed with the Ultra bright and high brite CS?, I want to purchase but been reading a lot of issues dated back to aug of 2017. software, firmware, etc. Do I get the medium one instead of Ultra? seems like heat is a big issue too. Thanks again guys.......

Short answer is “no”. Just returned one. Multiple issues...slow response...button assignment interface with Cendence...

I had a couple dealers admit issues particularly the Ultra. Screens go dim or black. Burns in corners. Over heat warnings with a FW.

There are pics on the Internet with distorted screens in the corner from heat. If the cooling fan ever goes out, it would probably catch fire. I don’t think they are ready for prime time.

i have the crystalsky (ultra) about one month now and is work great

Feel blessed but watch out for black cats, cracks in sidewalk, etc. Hope it continues.

Feel blessed but watch out for black cats, cracks in sidewalk, etc. Hope it continues.
thanks hope this not going to happend.but for now my biggest problem is the landing gear (don't want rise and stay in landing mode) i send to dji for fix and after 3 week waiting i receive with the same problem after 5 flights.

That’s crazy! Seems like that would have been an easy one for DJI to fix. Where was repair center?

thanks hope this not going to happend.but for now my biggest problem is the landing gear (don't want rise and stay in landing mode) i send to dji for fix and after 3 week waiting i receive with the same problem after 5 flights.
wow, that stinks, hope you get it fixed soon. I would be upset big time........

I had a couple dealers admit issues particularly the Ultra. Screens go dim or black. Burns in corners. Over heat warnings with a FW.

My Ultra blacked out on me mid flight on my P4P. Luckily I had LOS and was able to land. I then had to remove the battery as the unit would not turn on. When it finally came back up the screen brightness no longer adjust and half the screen is darker than the other. Sigh!!! IMG_7163.JPG

Yep. I had something like that. I was able to turn it back on and reboot Go 4. There are others with your exact experience. How long have you had it?

Yep. I had something like that. I was able to turn it back on and reboot Go 4. There are others with your exact experience. How long have you had it?

Got it on the 4th of January!!! [emoji34] Good thing I had my iPad Air 2 and the original tablet holder in the my Jeep. Had to swap out to the frustration of my client as I was shooting a live event. iPad is horrible in bright sunlight. Ultra was superb until it died!!! LOUD SIGH!!!

Got it on the 4th of January!!! [emoji34] Good thing I had my iPad Air 2 and the original tablet holder in the my Jeep. Had to swap out to the frustration of my client as I was shooting a live event. iPad is horrible in bright sunlight. Ultra was superb until it died!!! LOUD SIGH!!!
did you return it for warranty work? maybe I should just get the high brite one?.......

I had my Crystal Sky Ultra black out on me three times in just 10 flights today. I was forced to return using visual line of sight on two of the occasions as I was unable to get the CS to restart during flight.

Add this to the numerous other bugs and I think mine might be going back for a refund real soon.

In 3 years of flying using various iOs devices (non of which were specifically designed as drone control devices) I have never experienced any serious issues.

Reactions: Lesmess and jenzeee

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanV875