Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Pilot App 1.1.2 issued

Reaction score
Website
www.moraysky.co.uk
New version of Pilot App 1.1.2 has appeared on Apple's App Store.

It looks like it is aimed at the Phantom 3 again!!!

Added "Set Home Point" feature for Phantom 3, you can set the position of your aircraft or iPhone/iPad as the Home Point
YouTube Broadcast can be used on Phantom 3 Advanced
Multiple experience improvements and bug fixes

Too late for some reason the pilot app has updated itself to 1.1.2 wtf how! Most probably same time I was doing the bat updates better not be the reason I have two FUBAR bats.

App updates have nothing to do with that, it's a mobile device OS feature/setting. By default iOS devices autoupdate all installed apps whenever a new version is available.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Be warned, 1.1.2 of the app on my iPad Air 2 is a disaster. Within 5 mins of a clean install (uninstalled previous version, and then installed new one, then restarted the device), the iPad rebooted on its own, and also the picture feed started breaking up, whereas in 1.1.1 it was fine. During further testing, once again I caused the iPad to blue screen and restart whilst moving between menus on the app. This happens whether hardware acceleration is enabled or not. So I do not recommend installing 1.1.2 for the Inspire 1. I had taken a backup of the iPad before updating, so rolled back to 1.1.1 and do not have auto update turned on on the iPad, so I can choose what to update.

Would be interested to know if anyone else in the forum has had more success, and whether there were any good points in 1.1.2, used with the Inspire 1 which seemed more aimed at the P3.

So far the combination of 1.1.1 and latest firmware is working fine for me with the Inspire 1, so I will stick. Personally I would be happy with a version of the app without the editing and web streaming bloatware!

No Problem. I don't run Shou BTW or any apps that are not from the official app store because I'm in IT security business. Are you running anything out of the ordinary? Try closing all open apps, reboot, fresh install of the DJI Pilot, then reboot.

BlueSkies soon for you I hope.

YouTube live broadcast works from the inspire on this version. I dunno if it did before but I tried last night and in about three of connecting I was broadcasting live over my home wifi flying in the back yard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Screen locked up twice using my Galaxy note 4. Never had this issue before, had to bring it home with Pilot app locked up. Rebooted Galaxy note 4 and it did the same thing.
I wish they would check these programs before releasing them to the public.

Edit: did the same thing again it asked if I wanted to send a report and I did. Not sure that will do any good I wish there was away to get the old app back I didn't see any improvements anyway.

Last edited:
Screen locked up twice using my Galaxy note 4. Never had this issue before, had to bring it home with Pilot app locked up. Rebooted Galaxy note 4 and it did the same thing.
I wish they would check these programs before releasing them to the public.
Absolutely no problems on the Nvidia Sheild.

This thread is about the iOS version.

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

Thought my Air 2 was fine but then I went out flying at sunrise yesterday. When I tried press the sliders icon to access full manual camera controls nothing would happen. The sliders would turn blue but the settings would not pop up on the left hand side of the app. I then tried my iPhone 6 and that worked fine. Both devices are on the latest release. Next I put the iPad air 2 back on and flew for 2 batteries shooting about 30 of the 5 bracketed shots. Went home after flying and found out the bracket shots were not working either despite showing on the iPad screen and making the 5 shutter release sounds.

Here's how I fixed this issue.
- closed all apps and
- deleted the DJI Pilot App from the iPad
- Rebooted
- Installed the Pilot app and did not launch it
- Rebooted
- Tested

Everything is working fine.....For now.

Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics