Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

fpvlr inspire1 antennas

Antennas are green but look good and fold well. Hope they work as good as they look.

Excellent product from an excellent technician.

Attachments

• ant_1.JPG
    ant_1.JPG
    799.2 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: MadMitch88
TURBO
you have a update for your fans
Hey NEJ /Wisconsin ..
Haven't had a chance to get my firmware and rc updated ..
would like to post a long distance flight, but after reading the post from fpvlr I've decided to not post any videos that could be used against me..unfortunately there's isn't free speech in America.
Whatever you do or say can and will be used against you in a court of law.. meaning nothing you say will be used to prove your innocence. .that's how we roll here in America. ..
it's like my turbo bIke that goes over 200 mph..
you know you have the power available and it's up to you to use it wisely. .have I gone that fast on the street??well I take the fifth on that..
Am I going to fly blos..your guess is as good as mine..

turbo. .

Would like to post a long distance flight, but after reading the post from fpvlr I've decided to not post any videos that could be used against me..unfortunately there's isn't free speech in America.
Whatever you do or say can and will be used against you in a court of law.. meaning nothing you say will be used to prove your innocence. .that's how we roll here in America.

Take your phone or tablet to Starbucks or Panera Bread and register a new account for this forum, as well as a new YouTube account. Your IP address will be logged as anonymous from Starbucks WiFi and it will be impossible to link your real identity to the new account. Post your BLOS flights with impunity so we can all enjoy. :p

P.S. --- make sure you close all other apps while at Starbucks or else their IP address will get linked to your usual email, social media accounts, etc.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
When you fly they need to have the blade part facing you.
Good to know, I thought the flat part should be facing me and towards the Inspire and blade part out - Which is same as posted pictures, right? I've been flying bassackwards? Now I should get even better results. Can't wait to fly again next week.
Also, at this time I wouldn't worry about any youtube videos showing long distance flights, especially if not over highly populated areas, in the USA. If I flew one I was proud of, I would publish it and dare the faa or fcc to bring it on. Then again, I'm a retired attorney….

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about any youtube videos showing long distance flights, especially if not over highly populated areas, in the USA. If I flew one I was proud of, I would publish it and dare the faa or fcc to bring it on. Then again, I'm a retired attorney.

Nice to know we got someone in here with some real cahones and an actual law degree. ;)

I get tired arguing with clueless morons on other boards --- hearing them brag about their extensive knowledge of U.S. statutes --- such as private landowners have exclusive control of their airspace from 1" above the ground up to the mesosphere. Naturally, they love to scare people with ideas about stiff prison sentences awaiting anyone who breaks an FAA "rule". This is endlessly entertaining when you realize this drivel is being spewed from a lot of folks who barely graduated high school. :p

Nice to know we got someone in here with some real cahones and an actual law degree. ;)

I get tired arguing with clueless morons on other boards --- hearing them brag about their extensive knowledge of U.S. statutes --- such as private landowners have exclusive control of their airspace from 1" above the ground up to the mesosphere. Naturally, they love to scare people with ideas about stiff prison sentences awaiting anyone who breaks an FAA "rule". This is endlessly entertaining when you realize this drivel is being spewed from a lot of folks who barely graduated high school. :p
A man of caution myself, I picture the what ifs... like what if the beta version Inspire that we are testing for DJI decides to have schitzo moment and runs off into a park full of kids. I don't need a law degree to tell me that I would prefer not to have a youtube account full of videos of me flying beyond the line of sight of the son of Jor El when my fate is being decided by a jury of someone else peers tried by an over zealous government hell bent on the end of personal drone use.

Hey turbo how did he spray yours is it more of a paint or a dip? How are yours wrkin my friend and what next:)
Hey brother. .
Yes I believe mine are spray painted white.. either way is good..
next thing is having a strobe light for aid in aircraft orientation and to increase how far the naked eye can see.. which will be the only way to increase los distance legally ( not a lawyer )
check out the thread flash light on my inspire. .
I have a nice bicycle headlight that I mounted (different that in my preliminary pictures )on my inspire that I'm pretty excited to try out..
have been busy working and haven't had time to update my firmware and rc ..
did your inspire1 ask you to update the firmware and rc after you got it back from fpvlr? ? Mine did..
turbo. .

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
A man of caution myself, I picture the what ifs... like what if the beta version Inspire that we are testing for DJI decides to have schitzo moment and runs off into a park full of kids. I don't need a law degree to tell me that I would prefer not to have a youtube account full of videos of me flying beyond the line of sight of the son of Jor El when my fate is being decided by a jury of someone else peers tried by an over zealous government hell bent on the end of personal drone use.
Common sense is lots better than a law degree in most cases, and the important factor is responsible flying and not placing anyone else in risk because of your negligence, but not a mere violation of proposed and unenforceable gov rules which sometimes have nothing to do with safety but infringe on our personal freedoms. Sure, if you are negligent and crash and damage someone or their property, you could be liable to them, but not to the gov, for this negligence. But its different when the gov/fcc becomes the prosecutor without any reason other than trying to enforce rules which at this time do not have the force of law. Example, I have some property out of town which has a 50 foot wide clear easement for an underground gas pipeline, which goes forever in a straight line, surrounded by uninhabited woods. So, if I flew over this easement for 3 miles then turned around and came back, I would not have any problem posting a youtube video of this flight, regardless of any gov proposed rules which might in the future make it illegal. If I flew over populated areas and then crashed, regardless of distance, I would be concerned of liability based on negligence, but not because of violation of some proposed gov rule. IMPORTANT: I am not giving anybody legal advice, so consult your own legal counsel if you have any concerns about how or where you are flying. In any event, use common sense and try not to endanger innocent people or their property.

Enjoy life and be nice

Im itching to fly mine..been over a month. .I'm in withdrawals..
I guess I was flying with my antennas flat towards me, not in the proper position with the flat areas facing in with the blades out. I was happy then, so now I'm anxious to see how it works with proper antenna position.

Enjoy life and be nice

I guess I was flying with my antennas flat towards me, not in the proper position with the flat areas facing in with the blades out. I was happy then, so now I'm anxious to see how it works with proper antenna position.
Yes ..it does seem weird to point them like a knife. .
I'm glad tony informed us the correct orientation. .
turbo
Enjoy life and be nice

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
Just got my i1 controller mod back, got the green ones :)

So this is how they should be oriented?

Attachments

• IMAG0414.jpg
    IMAG0414.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member