Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

fpvlr inspire1 antennas

I did my first mini range test today with the new FPVLR antennas. I flew over the wild preserve in front of my neighborhood since there is nothing around in case of any issues. I stopped at a bit over a mile and about 250 feet high. Signal on the HD dropped to about 3 bars but video was strong in terms of quality during the whole flight.

I am assuming I will need to increase my height if I am going to go any further? So in order to do 2 miles, how high would I need to fly? I want to keep a safe and legal height but sometimes you need to push it just a little. ;-)
Tony actually told me this my you moving your controler an inch up or down really helps your signal basically the littlest movements make a big difference

Hmm, I've kept it relatively still during the flight. I will try making slight movements to see if that has any affect on signal. At your longest distance, what were your HD and Controller stats?

Turbo, are you still going to attempt the 3 mile flight!? I want to see how your flight goes before going anywhere near that range. I would be happy to hit 2!! :D Even at a mile out, it was a blast especially paired paired with the DomHD's goggles.

Reactions: MadMitch88
Not trying to speak for turbo but he is keeping thing to himself understandable I had more to go but was by far the furthest I had ever gone someone on here said they hit 4 give me a little time dreadwing I am going to pm you a screenshot

Reactions: dreadwing
I got my inspire 1 on stock antenna to a distance of 3km @altitude of about 120metres. I was flying in a rural farm open area with mainly bushes and a few shrubs. I was happy with the result. I think I could probably have gone another 1km further but the battery was getting low so I turned back. I'm planning to get my controller done with the new fpvlr antenna. I live in Perth Western Australia and have had no issue with my inspire 1.
I think when flying long distance just fly safely and used common sense and don't take any chances. I had a mate who was watching my flight at all times with a binoculars and I told him to call me asp if there's any problem. I also studied the area where I was flying and told one mate to watch it from 1.5km away and the other at 3km. My video signal didn't drop at all. I was surprised I got 3km as the manual says it's only good for 2km.

Reactions: dreadwing
Very impressive for stock and I like the idea of of having spotters at different distances. My area is open but there is a bit of elevation changes, though overall flat once you get to a certain point.

I also had a friend spot to make sure all was good which added an extra layer of confidence. On my next attempt I will increase the height and see if that helps with the signal. I might go to a buddies ranch this weekend his property has enough space that I can push it a bit further.

Thanks for the tips, and so far I am happy with the fpvlr upgrade though I still would like to see it go past what the stock ones can achieve.

Hmm, I've kept it relatively still during the flight. I will try making slight movements to see if that has any affect on signal. At your longest distance, what were your HD and Controller stats?

Turbo, are you still going to attempt the 3 mile flight!? I want to see how your flight goes before going anywhere near that range. I would be happy to hit 2!! :D Even at a mile out, it was a blast especially paired paired with the DomHD's goggles.

Hey dw...got my firmware update completed ..thanks for the tips!
For the guys like me that aren't super high tech the issue with the bin file is so easy most guys don't get why we have troubles..
well it was easy..after you download the file from the dji website you need to drag and drop the file into the removable storage. .
haha.. that was my hang up..pretty lame huh...
anyway. .I had no problem going a mile before my antenna upgrade. .probably could have went way farther. .
I actually think where I live would be a good place to let my inspire soar..I'd sure like to share a journey with you guys and maybe I will ..
I'm still weighing my options. ..
I'm glad you're enjoying your antennas dw !!

Not trying to speak for turbo but he is keeping thing to himself understandable I had more to go but was by far the furthest I had ever gone someone on here said they hit 4 give me a little time dreadwing I am going to pm you a screenshot
Hey NEJO. ..
I'd like to congratulate you on your super long range flight..
I understand both your and blades points...
I understand you went to a safe place to conduct your test and I can appreciate that..I know of a retired federal law enforcement officer that regularly flys above 3000 ft..guess that's ok..he's a professional. .anyway. .
I know you don't plan on doing max altitude flights much and just wanted to see what your inspire1 can do..
I'm good with that..I do feel flying above 400 ft possibly puts aircraft in danger. That is if theres a flight path above where you're at...that being said I think It can be done responsibly if you take the necessary procations. .
again in bike terms..I have gone warp speed on the street and don't do it anymore do to the risk involved in any high speed run..
so now you've got a good number and I would suggest trying for max range below 400'. .you might be surprised how much range you can achieve. .
also I don't really believe that anything we do besides a major mess up will change the fate of drone flights..
our government is going to do whatever it's told from the people calling the shots. ..the industrial military complex..
so believe what you want ..they will use any scenero that fits their needs..
turbo...

Well said Turbo. Having these new vpvlr antenna's you're going to want to at least validate that they provide better range than the stock otherwise whats the point of the $300 upgrade. Just want to make sure to do it in the safest way possible. This is a fun hobby but like you said, its been hot in the media and the news is always looking for something to drag down the mud and make news when there doesn't need to be.

Glad the firmware worked, figured you were stuck at the BIN file so once u had that on the memory stick it's easy sailing, in fact that is probably the most simple part!

PM or email me later on some more range tips. Probably best to keep it off public...

Hey homies...
thought I'd let the cat out of the bag again. ..
I heard word that option 2 for the inspire is available. .
what's the cost?? Mucho denero. ..
tony said something about boosters and a helix coil..
you said you wanted to fly to the moon well here you go..
go ahead and send my finders fee to turbo time on the physic network. ..cash only please....
turbo. ..

Hey homies...
thought I'd let the cat out of the bag again. ..
I heard word that option 2 for the inspire is available. .
what's the cost?? Mucho denero. ..
tony said something about boosters and a helix coil..
you said you wanted to fly to the moon well here you go..
go ahead and send my finders fee to turbo time on the physic network. ..cash only please....
turbo. ..

What's option 2?

can someone tell me if fplr tony is shipping to europe? i'be interested in the mod on the tx... my vid signal is sometime getting a bit week at close range... nevertheless i will do some more research though... might be my fault...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy