Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1- Latest firmwares good or bad

As @Scotflieger mentions above, you can turn off auto update on your iOS device to prevent the Go App updating if you do not want it to but there is a plethora of other communications still going on between your app, RC and aircraft to DJI servers when all connected.
Here is a list of what is going on 'behind the scenes'
•mydjiflight.dji.com
•newrelic.com - app analytics
•djistatic.com
•flurry.com
•conf.international.baidu.com
•baidu.com
•qbox.me (via qbox.wscdns.com)
•upgrade.dj2006.net
•pingma.qq.com
•u.dji.com
•acbe.aasky.net -type this one in a browser for a nice scare.
•tpns.qq.com
•dds.dji.com
•pilotv2.djivideos.com
•active.dji.com
m.dji.com
•djicdn.com
www.skypixel.com
•djiexplore.com
•flysafe

Additionally, having a 'Firmware Update Required' message on your app will not affect the performance of your machine in any way.
If you are seeing a problem in 12mph winds then there is another issue with your aircraft I'm afraid.

You are correct..and the problem was FW 1.8. my craft was perfect before that. taken care of not beaten. Treated like a queen. THE 1.8 and 1.7 limits propulsion to the extent that the aircraft would not move in the wind. DJI did not announce this at anytime during the 1.7 or 1.8 FW update. This is certainly not right. I can hope they, DJI makes it right by replacing my aircraft. We will see. I'm certainly not a DJI hater. but when you buy an inspire to replace your phantom to take on stability is slight higher winds, and it can not. I have a issue. Its like buying a corvette but getting the speed and stability of a Prius. You buy the corvette for specific reasons. Right now my P4 will handle the wind better that any inspire in 1.8, and I will not get any propulsion error or limitation in sport mode with the P4.

What's amazing to see is no one talking about how the video quality using D-LOG is deplorable with the new updates. It's flat out unusable.

Reactions: Jacky Poon
You are correct..and the problem was FW 1.8. my craft was perfect before that. taken care of not beaten. Treated like a queen. THE 1.8 and 1.7 limits propulsion to the extent that the aircraft would not move in the wind. DJI did not announce this at anytime during the 1.7 or 1.8 FW update. This is certainly not right. I can hope they, DJI makes it right by replacing my aircraft. We will see. I'm certainly not a DJI hater. but when you buy an inspire to replace your phantom to take on stability is slight higher winds, and it can not. I have a issue. Its like buying a corvette but getting the speed and stability of a Prius. You buy the corvette for specific reasons. Right now my P4 will handle the wind better that any inspire in 1.8, and I will not get any propulsion error or limitation in sport mode with the P4.
That is a craft fault not a general FW issue.

People would have been posting like crazy chimps if propulsion was that limited

I have still yet to experience the limited propulsion output on v1.8 with both tb47 and tb48.

"You will get notification from the Apple Store that a update is available. The App will also advise of available updates to your firmware (if connected to wifi)."

It will show in the updates that one is available. but when you open the app it will not know the update exists...IF you have the OIS update notifications off. I did this right away. I would not get any notification on the app when i opened it..even connected to cell or wifi service. I did this all the time and the app never knew of the pending update, but I was able to get maps.

The thing i care about is the Firmware update warning inside the GO app. I want it to not show at all, but that seems hard to achieve. But i guess as long as the message is just an annoyance and doesn't impact on the drone performance or functions then thats okay.

The thing i care about is the Firmware update warning inside the GO app. I want it to not show at all, but that seems hard to achieve. But i guess as long as the message is just an annoyance and doesn't impact on the drone performance or functions then thats okay.

No that can not be disabled, just like Apples IOS update notification every few :censored: hours .

Does not affect performance so you just ignore it.

OK, can I clear up a bit of confusion here?
Having automatic updates disabled on the app (iOS or Android) will NOT stop the "Firmware update required/available" message from being displayed.
The reason for this is that the firmware version held on the aircraft is read by the app and remembered.
Then when the app is connected to the Internet (for caching maps etc) a link is made back to the DJI servers to check if newer firmware is available.
A comparison is made with your current version number and the one on the server. If no newer version is downloadable then nothing happens. If a more up to date FW is available a flag is set in the app which displays the message.
This message stays there until the newer firmware is installed and another comparison is made.

Reactions: Scotflieger
Here's something VERY important all you guys are missing. If your bird crashes and you are NOT on the latest firmware, DJI will not fix under warranty. Search forums, there ate plenty of examples.

To me, that's enough to stay on latest firmware until I'm no longer under warranty.

This isn't true, DJI has no right to void a warranty because of a firmware update that was avoided.

Makes no sense. They will try anything they can to avoid but trust me they will be taking it back for warranty If need be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: trevor king
OK, can I clear up a bit of confusion here?
Having automatic updates disabled on the app (iOS or Android) will NOT stop the "Firmware update required/available" message from being displayed.
The reason for this is that the firmware version held on the aircraft is read by the app and remembered.
Then when the app is connected to the Internet (for caching maps etc) a link is made back to the DJI servers to check if newer firmware is available.
A comparison is made with your current version number and the one on the server. If no newer version is downloadable then nothing happens. If a more up to date FW is available a flag is set in the app which displays the message.
This message stays there until the newer firmware is installed and another comparison is made.

Somewhat correct. You can have the auto update disabled, and have the ios device connect to the internet with out "it" knowing of the app update. When this happens, you will see that a new app is available in updates, but you will NOT get the warning message when you turn on your aircraft and get ready to fly. The "two" do not link together UNTIL you update the app in the app store. Another big factor is if you are signed into the DJI website with your email address. Example would be, you got a new p4. you activated it by signing in. you then flew a few times. You then had a problem wit the app so you deleted it and reinstalled it. You can fly your p4 again with out signing into the app with your email address.

Somewhat correct. You can have the auto update disabled, and have the ios device connect to the internet with out "it" knowing of the app update. When this happens, you will see that a new app is available in updates, but you will NOT get the warning message when you turn on your aircraft and get ready to fly. The "two" do not link together UNTIL you update the app in the app store. Another big factor is if you are signed into the DJI website with your email address. Example would be, you got a new p4. you activated it by signing in. you then flew a few times. You then had a problem wit the app so you deleted it and reinstalled it. You can fly your p4 again with out signing into the app with your email address.
I'm confused now! :p
Are you talking about the app update message here or the Newer firmware available message?
It doesn't matter if you are running an older app but newer firmware. Have a look at my post #37 in this thread. There is a whole load of polling going on whenever any version of the app is running.
You may not see the newer firmware version available message appear straight away (it can actually take a few days) but it WILL appear within the app eventually.
In any case, it is nothing more than a reminder and does not affect the actual use or performance of the aircraft.
Obviously the new app message appears as a normal update flag within iOS bit if you have auto updates off it will be just that - a flag that just stays there (red dot on the App Store) icon.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUav
I'm confused now! :p
Are you talking about the app update message here or the Newer firmware available message?
It doesn't matter if you are running an older app but newer firmware. Have a look at my post #37 in this thread. There is a whole load of polling going on whenever any version of the app is running.
You may not see the newer firmware version available message appear straight away (it can actually take a few days) but it WILL appear within the app eventually.
In any case, it is nothing more than a reminder and does not affect the actual use or performance of the aircraft.
Obviously the new app message appears as a normal update flag within iOS bit if you have auto updates off it will be just that - a flag that just stays there (red dot on the App Store) icon.

Yep...that's what i meant..its hard to explain that process with out showing someone as its in front of you...:)

Yes, the automatic app updates can be disabled so that is not much to talk about.
But the interesting thing was the firmware update warning within the GO app, if it could be disabled, which it obviously can't be done after reading this thread.
But like it has been said on this thread its just an annoyance at most and not affecting the crafts performance.
So the firmware update warning is the cost of being on a older firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah