Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New fw v1.5.0.30 released now - 07.12.2015

Is the battery fluctuation realy solved? :)

I charged 2 TB48's to 100%, I let them sit overnight. I then flew them to 75%, I let them sit overnight. I flew them both this morning to 40%, let them sit for 4 hours. Then flew them both to 5% with no sudden drops in voltage. I think the problem is solved. This was all after doing the update on the aircraft and batteries except for the initial battery charge to 100%.

Reactions: Henrik M
Hmm.... well then, im next to try :) hope some other dear to try so we can get a acurate result :)

Hi Guys

I do think that all of this looks like DJI is having us experimenting in their behalf.

I do not know how may upgrades I already done on my I1PRO. I spend hours on trying to fully understand this machine, I'm not an RC Model fan. I just need this bloody camera to fly thus making my life.

Not more than a week ago we had a FW update, 3 days ago I left Italy and checked everything again as I had to leave for a long mission in a remote area. I'm today in Managua, fixing packing organizing. I wanted to try my bird before leaving to the Mosquito Coast on a bloody canoe from lake Nicaragua.....

My bird needs to be updated.... In the hotel I have good wifi. I do the upgrade. I upgrade 7 TB48 and 1 TB47. I upgrade the RC.
The bird doesn't want to get upgraded. after the bebebebebebebebebebebeb I don't know how many times, when I turn on the RC, then the Ipad, then the bird.... it still says Aircraft Requires Update!!!!!!!

I went through a lot of forums, everybody is saying something different, having different experiences, birds falling down and flying away.... I come from a Phantom 1, 2xTarot 960 (ugly and scary), 1 S900 (now coming always home without knowing why), 1 S1000 crashed with no reasons after flying away...

If I cannot manage to accomplish this job this time with the X5 and I have to do it with the Phantom the producer will take my contract, make confetti and throw them on my face!!!!

Anyone can help, I must leave Managua 3 AM local time which is GMT+8.......

THANKS a lot

Hi Guys

I do think that all of this looks like DJI is having us experimenting in their behalf.

I do not know how may upgrades I already done on my I1PRO. I spend hours on trying to fully understand this machine, I'm not an RC Model fan. I just need this bloody camera to fly thus making my life.

Not more than a week ago we had a FW update, 3 days ago I left Italy and checked everything again as I had to leave for a long mission in a remote area. I'm today in Managua, fixing packing organizing. I wanted to try my bird before leaving to the Mosquito Coast on a bloody canoe from lake Nicaragua.....

My bird needs to be updated.... In the hotel I have good wifi. I do the upgrade. I upgrade 7 TB48 and 1 TB47. I upgrade the RC.
The bird doesn't want to get upgraded. after the bebebebebebebebebebebeb I don't know how many times, when I turn on the RC, then the Ipad, then the bird.... it still says Aircraft Requires Update!!!!!!!

I went through a lot of forums, everybody is saying something different, having different experiences, birds falling down and flying away.... I come from a Phantom 1, 2xTarot 960 (ugly and scary), 1 S900 (now coming always home without knowing why), 1 S1000 crashed with no reasons after flying away...

If I cannot manage to accomplish this job this time with the X5 and I have to do it with the Phantom the producer will take my contract, make confetti and throw them on my face!!!!

Anyone can help, I must leave Managua 3 AM local time which is GMT+8.......

THANKS a lot

I believe I have read that the fw v1.5.0.30 is for the X3 only not the pro X5.

Well i did actually the latest version for the PRO which should be 1.5.0.50

Looking for a door to adventure

Ok the exact version is: v.2.0.50 you see it on the X5>support page>downloads

Looking for a door to adventure

I have a situation where I upgraded the aircraft and 4 batteries. When I went to do the 5th battery, it took very long and ended with a long solid tone. Not the usual completion tone. When I checked the log, it said it failed and to reboot aircraft and try again. So I did that but now it didn't do anything (in terms of updating). It just sat their waiting for me to fly. Then I turned everything off and did a normal startup and everything seems fine. But I don't know if the battery was actually updated or not. Anyone share anything on this?

I did find this on another forum. Wish I had seen and tried but box was already in FedEx truck and gone.
DJI Inspire Controller

to get your camera view back you should of try this:

3. Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.

4. By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.

Maybe someone can try.
I have the same issue and this just resets the remote but does not cure the problem. I need to send my remote to DJI LA as well. I was with support last night they said to let it sit because the processor may be stuck in a loop or something. Bullls**, I have been down for two weeks, a $3000K piece of crap software!!!!!

I charged 2 TB48's to 100%, I let them sit overnight. I then flew them to 75%, I let them sit overnight. I flew them both this morning to 40%, let them sit for 4 hours. Then flew them both to 5% with no sudden drops in voltage. I think the problem is solved. This was all after doing the update on the aircraft and batteries except for the initial battery charge to 100%.
Excellent - Maybe, just maybe this is fixed now.

However, I think the real test will be to set the self discharge to something like 2 days. Charge a battery up to 100%, fly it down to say 70%, then let it sit for around four days to allow it to go into self discharge mode (without pressing the button on the battery in those four days and thus potentially resetting the timer). After four days (so two days into discharge) - just pick up the battery, load it and fly and see what happens.
Then I think we can be sure this has been fully addressed.

However, I think the real test will be to set the self discharge to something like 2 days. Charge a battery up to 100%, fly it down to say 70%, then let it sit for around four days to allow it to go intoself discharge mode (without pressing the button on the battery in those four days and thus potentially resetting the timer). After four days (so two days into discharge) - just pick up the battery, load it and fly and see what happens.

I do not have enough batteries to let 1 of them sit for 4 days!

However, I think the real test will be to set the self discharge to something like 2 days. Charge a battery up to 100%, fly it down to say 70%, then let it sit for around four days to allow it to go into self discharge mode (without pressing the button on the battery in those four days and thus potentially resetting the timer). After four days (so two days into discharge) - just pick up the battery, load it and fly and see what happens.

I just flew a battery that sat for 3 days at 48%, I flew it to 5% with no rapid drops in voltage.

As @Scotflieger says above, the app will not update its version reporting until everything has been power cycled - RC, App and Aircraft.
Although not specifically documented you should also check all your user settings (Max Height, RTH Height, RTH setting, any Expo adjustments, camera resolution, framerate etc, etc) as it is possible that some may have been reset to default values.
Additionally, you should do an IMU, Compass and stick calibration.

Yep agree to check your settings!
The update has changed some of the video & camera settings to default, especially for those who use PAL over NTSC it flicks it back to NTSC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters