Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Where are the NFZ's located-on the Inspire 2 or in the controller/app?

Reaction score
Question-if I have the latest updates that include adjacent NFZ's, and I fly past an NFZ (think of a horseshoe shaped flight path and the NFZ in the center of the horseshoe) and lose link-will the Inspire 2 fly "across" the horseshoe via the shortest path or will it stop from flying into the NFZ?

basically, where is the "NFZ" resident? on the air vehicle or the app/controller?

what if i am using a 3rd party app, or something like DJI GS Pro which doesn't appear to have the same level of notification for NFZ?

thanks

Question-if I have the latest updates that include adjacent NFZ's, and I fly past an NFZ (think of a horseshoe shaped flight path and the NFZ in the center of the horseshoe) and lose link-will the Inspire 2 fly "across" the horseshoe via the shortest path or will it stop from flying into the NFZ?

basically, where is the "NFZ" resident? on the air vehicle or the app/controller?

what if i am using a 3rd party app, or something like DJI GS Pro which doesn't appear to have the same level of notification for NFZ?

thanks
The NFZ database is held on the aircraft. Otherwise you would simply be able to circumvent them by flying without a tablet connected.
Good question regarding the the RTH path.
At the moment the RTH will take a straight line back so it will not fly into the NFZ.
However, there is going to be an implementation of 'breadcrumb' path being laid down as you fly so that you can select either straight path RTH or return along the same route as the outward leg on fail safe trigger. No, I have no more info when that will be available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adidasCampusShoes