Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Won't launch from boat so I'm selling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and I have said so in other areas. It really amazes me that there seem to be so many people who are willing to make excuses for a company that has done so many things wrong AND continues to do so. Mistakes happen, completely understood. It says a LOT about a person/company in HOW they deal with mistakes that pop up. Sadly, there is no one mistake here. DJI's long series of faults has cost me personally a lot of time , money, hassle and face. I was wholly beside myself when I finally received my Inspire (delays cost me my trip to Japan) only to find the Apple app had disappeared. Blew me away completely. I thought it was a joke. Thankfully I was able to get a copy of the app - NOT THE POINT!! I shouldn't HAVE to do that. I shouldn't HAVE to ground my drone because the friggin props fly off and I haven't received prop locks. Won't launch from a boat?! I bought it TO DO THAT in part because their commercial SHOWED people launching from boat! Yes, I'm sure it'll be fixed in the future but guess what? They PROMISED it NOW - NOT later. I shouldn't HAVE to deal with imu issues that could cause my $3000+ + accessories (yet to arrive) aircraft crash. Toilet bowl issues, GPS issues, issues, issues, issues. WTF plain and simple.
I'm not a beta tester that got a freebie to play with. I'm a consumer. I shouldn't have to trouble shoot, search around for fixes, search around for hidden apps through the back door, wait for the extras that I ordered (batteries, props, spares). I bought an iPad specifically for the Inspire BECAUSE DJI SPECIFICALLY SAID that was THE best platform. NOT MY FAULT DJI SCREWED UP with apple AND I found out about that issue on this forum - NOT from the holy DJI. Thanks guys! Compensation for my destroyed trip to Japan? Compensation for my completely functional $800+ iPad that doesn't "legally" interface with your platform? Compensation for the $3000+ Inspire I'm not supposed to fly without prop locks?
NO- there will not be any. All I see is a lot of coddling. Oh, I'm sure everything will be fine.....in the future, and everyone will forget all the ******** that the first generation of consumer beta testers (us) had to wade through. Again, NOT the point. This should NOT have happened. I too had faith in this company once. S1000, Phantom x2 and I believe this is where the honeymoon ends for me. I am amazed that a class action lawsuit hasn't been filed as of yet. This entire process has been such a bait and switch across the board. There are a LOT of pissed off people out there and I'm one of them. We were promised SO much and delivered so little - SO late.

Hmmmmmmm...... I'm trying to find fault in your statement above or something I can disagree with but...... NOPE, seems a pretty accurate precis of events thus far over the Inspire introduction.

+1 from me :)

Reactions: Cacou
I agree and I have said so in other areas. It really amazes me that there seem to be so many people who are willing to make excuses for a company that has done so many things wrong AND continues to do so. Mistakes happen, completely understood. It says a LOT about a person/company in HOW they deal with mistakes that pop up. Sadly, there is no one mistake here. DJI's long series of faults has cost me personally a lot of time , money, hassle and face. I was wholly beside myself when I finally received my Inspire (delays cost me my trip to Japan) only to find the Apple app had disappeared. Blew me away completely. I thought it was a joke. Thankfully I was able to get a copy of the app - NOT THE POINT!! I shouldn't HAVE to do that. I shouldn't HAVE to ground my drone because the friggin props fly off and I haven't received prop locks. Won't launch from a boat?! I bought it TO DO THAT in part because their commercial SHOWED people launching from boat! Yes, I'm sure it'll be fixed in the future but guess what? They PROMISED it NOW - NOT later. I shouldn't HAVE to deal with imu issues that could cause my $3000+ + accessories (yet to arrive) aircraft crash. Toilet bowl issues, GPS issues, issues, issues, issues. WTF plain and simple.
I'm not a beta tester that got a freebie to play with. I'm a consumer. I shouldn't have to trouble shoot, search around for fixes, search around for hidden apps through the back door, wait for the extras that I ordered (batteries, props, spares). I bought an iPad specifically for the Inspire BECAUSE DJI SPECIFICALLY SAID that was THE best platform. NOT MY FAULT DJI SCREWED UP with apple AND I found out about that issue on this forum - NOT from the holy DJI. Thanks guys! Compensation for my destroyed trip to Japan? Compensation for my completely functional $800+ iPad that doesn't "legally" interface with your platform? Compensation for the $3000+ Inspire I'm not supposed to fly without prop locks?
NO- there will not be any. All I see is a lot of coddling. Oh, I'm sure everything will be fine.....in the future, and everyone will forget all the ******** that the first generation of consumer beta testers (us) had to wade through. Again, NOT the point. This should NOT have happened. I too had faith in this company once. S1000, Phantom x2 and I believe this is where the honeymoon ends for me. I am amazed that a class action lawsuit hasn't been filed as of yet. This entire process has been such a bait and switch across the board. There are a LOT of pissed off people out there and I'm one of them. We were promised SO much and delivered so little - SO late.

This is why i opted to sit this model out. When i first seen dji's flooding market, the first rule i do is create "web flags" that crawl the internet and find articles regarding issues and problems for any "item of interest" Obviously and since i do own dji quad's i sat back and had a coffee and weighed out the financial investment against the product's ability to deliver what its been marketed to do. Sure enough the difference between the pro's and con's was big enough for me to decide to simply wait for the update version.

Have a Nice Day :)

Hmmmmmmm...... I'm trying to find fault in your statement above or something I can disagree with but...... NOPE, seems a pretty accurate precis of events thus far over the Inspire introduction.

+1 from me :)
Thx

This is why i opted to sit this model out. When i first seen dji's flooding market, the first rule i do is create "web flags" that crawl the internet and find articles regarding issues and problems for any "item of interest" Obviously and since i do own dji quad's i sat back and had a coffee and weighed out the financial investment against the product's ability to deliver what its been marketed to do. Sure enough the difference between the pro's and con's was big enough for me to decide to simply wait for the update version.

Have a Nice Day :)
Well, I agree with the wait and see approach. I am SO pissed off with MYSELF for actually believing the marketing rhetoric. I am the consumer from hell. I (almost) always research everything to death before pulling the trigger on anything. I believed their ******** and I suffered for it. I have a big problem ever trusting those that tell lies and here it would seem that some pretty big ones have been fed to the masses.

Reactions: SVidz

I am considering legal action if they do not refund me entirely. I have been waisting my life reading through all the forums, there are a couple of themes emerging. First, the people who refer to there drones as "Birds" or women seem to be DJI fanboys. Shockingly useless post about flying 3 batteries in their living rooms because its snowing outside, and lengthy discussions about what they named there drone. Holy ****. The second issue I am seeing is that DJI rarely addresses any of the serious issues being discussed. DJI customer service is impossible, and useless. Consider the huge paper trail of issues that have not been addressed, couple that with the marketing campaign and expectations they put out, then throw that on top of a personal injury suit that is bound to happen. They are going to get the **** sued out of them.

I don't understand why some owners are having so many problems with the Inspire 1 while other owners aren't having any problems. o_O

Anyone care to speculate?

Because it is a lottery. And in my case symptoms develop with time. Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it is a lottery. And in my case symptoms develop with time. Enjoy
Thank you, Nick, for editing your original post. That goes a long way in taking your posts more seriously.

I am genuinely sorry you, and others, are having such a difficult time. Perhaps I will run into some issues in the not too distant future. Who knows?

I hope you don't, it's just a lot of money to some people. Super unfair weight to lose three k

I am considering legal action if they do not refund me entirely. I have been waisting my life reading through all the forums, there are a couple of themes emerging. First, the people who refer to there drones as "Birds" or women seem to be DJI fanboys. Shockingly useless post about flying 3 batteries in their living rooms because its snowing outside, and lengthy discussions about what they named there drone. Holy ****. The second issue I am seeing is that DJI rarely addresses any of the serious issues being discussed. DJI customer service is impossible, and useless. Consider the huge paper trail of issues that have not been addressed, couple that with the marketing campaign and expectations they put out, then throw that on top of a personal injury suit that is bound to happen. They are going to get the **** sued out of them.
More likely the owner of the Inspire will be sued. DJI has a slew of disclaimers and warnings as in the current "do not fly without prop locks" directive. They only need to say, "hey, we told you not to fly" and it's on the pilot. Do you see DJI sending a lawyer to stand next to you as a defendant in court because I sure don't.

I hope you don't, it's just a lot of money to some people. Super unfair weight to lose three k
If it helps any I also was screwed in a big way when I had to cancel a trip to Japan that revolved around filming with the Inspire. It was released so late and took so long to get to me it blew the trip I figured that's where it ended but nope, the fun continues every day. Tried to call DJI in cali this afternoon. 45 minute projected wait. Not being able to hold a phone to me head for that time I hung up. I have yet to receive a reply to emails sent last week.I guess they feel that if they keep ignoring we'll go away.

If it helps any I also was screwed in a big way when I had to cancel a trip to Japan that revolved around filming with the Inspire. It was released so late and took so long to get to me it blew the trip I figured that's where it ended but nope, the fun continues every day. Tried to call DJI in cali this afternoon. 45 minute projected wait. Not being able to hold a phone to me head for that time I hung up. I have yet to receive a reply to emails sent last week.I guess they feel that if they keep ignoring we'll go away.
Good luck, I am out. I messaged Tahoe ED to call me. We will see where this goes. My intentions were to rally a bunch of people to send a clear message to DJI. Unfortunately this rally was denied for fears that it would interfere with there dungeons and dragons play. Good luck, heres to hoping they get held accountable ASAP

Good luck, I am out. I messaged Tahoe ED to call me. We will see where this goes. My intentions were to rally a bunch of people to send a clear message to DJI. Unfortunately this rally was denied for fears that it would interfere with there dungeons and dragons play. Good luck, heres to hoping they get held accountable ASAP
For every person expressing complaints about the Inspire there are dozens who are going through the same but either aren't on a forum or just accept it but feel the same. I was so excited to have the Inspire platform and it turned into such a bad experience. It's sad.

Greetings, I have a brand-new inspire one production model with four batteries,pelican case and Samsung tablet for sale. I use UAVs for Marine research. Unfortunately we learned today that the inspire one will not allow the motors to start up while on a moving surface. The rocking of the boat does not allow us to power the motors up. I bought the aircraft from the New York distributor and they only offer in store credit. It turns out I'm stuck with the phantom 2 forMarine launching. I'm only looking to get out what I paid for it. Please call 847-502-8227 for details.
Some one might have said this, but put it in attitude mode for takeoff then in GPS when your in the air and put it in attitude for your landing

This thread has gotten a bit off the subject, which was Nick's original post that he is selling his Inspire because it wouldn't launch off his boat. Now, I can't tell you why Nick couldn't, but I can vouch for the fact that I could, and have. Launch it off a boat, that is. Several times, without any issues. So, it would be a fairy tale to claim that the Inspire cannot be launched off a boat. It just ain't so. Got the video to prove it, if you don't believe me, Nick.

Now, as to the behavior that you've exhibited since that original post, that's what's got my dander up a bit, and I'm just going to come right out and say that it's the behavior of someone who doesn't understand the product that they purchased and somehow feels entitled to the proposition that the manufacturer should make him whole, soothe his hurt feelings and apologize for the mental anguish the product has caused him. And maybe get a nice cash settlement for just going away and not complaining anymore. Sounds like a great plan, Nick. Let me know how that turns out.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Nick, I got your number and I will call you in the AM. What time zone are you in?

Nick, I got your number and I will call you in the AM. What time zone are you in?
Wow ed..you aim to please don't you..right on..are you sure you don't get paid to d
This thread has gotten a bit off the subject, which was Nick's original post that he is selling his Inspire because it wouldn't launch off his boat. Now, I can't tell you why Nick couldn't, but I can vouch for the fact that I could, and have. Launch it off a boat, that is. Several times, without any issues. So, it would be a fairy tale to claim that the Inspire cannot be launched off a boat. It just ain't so. Got the video to prove it, if you don't believe me, Nick.

Now, as to the behavior that you've exhibited since that original post, that's what's got my dander up a bit, and I'm just going to come right out and say that it's the behavior of someone who doesn't understand the product that they purchased and somehow feels entitled to the proposition that the manufacturer should make him whole, soothe his hurt feelings and apologize for the mental anguish the product has caused him. And maybe get a nice cash settlement for just going away and not complaining anymore. Sounds like a great plan, Nick. Let me know how that turns out.
What's different now ? Did they release new firmware? ?

Shockingly useless post about flying 3 batteries in their living rooms because its snowing outside,
Mate,

At least I've got a smile on my face. I'm sorry you're not having any fun. My "useless" post was an amusing anecdote to make people smile. Your post, in my humble opinion, is far more useless because it is neither helpful nor amusing for anyone here, as far as I can see.

It sounds like you need to get laid more often :rolleyes:

Wow ed..you aim to please don't you..right on..are you sure you don't get paid to d

What's different now ? Did they release new firmware? ?

Nothing as far as I can tell. I'm on the same firmware as everyone else, version 16. I did make sure my Inspire was properly calibrated (IMU) onshore and did a compass cal on the boat prior to flight. Yes, I had some nervous moments before my first launch off the boat due to the earlier concerns raised, but once I got the courage to push up the throttle and get it in the air, it flew true and was as stable as if launched from land. Had to launch it off the foredeck at a slant, as there were no true level surfaces on the boat (near my left foot in the image), but it didn't seem to matter, other than initially slanting the gimbal roll, which fixed itself during the flight. Here's a screen shot from my first launch (try to ignore my friend Roger's paunch: he owns the boat!): :p

Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 6.44.52 AM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44