Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 T600 vs T601 SOLVED - EUROPE CHILL OUT PLEASE

Do you understand the difference between the Inspire 1 T600 and T601 after reading this post?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No, I can't read

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
I am in Europe and own a T601 apparently. (It says so on the sticker)

I have not noticed any range issues even with partially obstructed line of sight, or at distances over 1 km. But I don't fly that far out often anyway.

Just for clarification the T601 may be limited to 16dbm in CE not 20,

In early 2015 the regulations changed and only full FHSS compliant radio can use full 100mw power, anything not fully compliant gets a reduced output based on certain requirements.

yes it was thr reason why i have mesure 15 dbm in the right antenne of my 856c RC
the left antenne was for the reception

Reactions: Mad_angler1
Has anyone posted a guarenteed way of ensuring you buy a v2 T601 in the USA? I live in the USA and am debating whether or not to buy an Inspire. If I do how would I have the reseller confirm before shipment that it is in fact a T601 with the 1000mw capability?
We here at FlyHighUSA will guarantee that your purchase is the latest version of the Inspire 1V2 T601 1510 with the 658 C remote. We will open the box if you want so we can ensure that you get what you want before shipping. Thankfully we are finding that most of our latest shipments are coming in the model that everyone is talking about and wanting. Let us know if we can help in any way.
Best regards,
Ralph
FlyHighUSA

Reactions: damoncooper
Wow, so DJI got back to us! (we are a dealer in Ireland / EU)
And here is their answer:

Dear Luke,

Inspire1 v1.0 and Inspire1 v2.0 do have the difference of propulsion, but Inspire1 pro has the same propulsion, sorry to bring misunderstanding to end user, we have stick T600 and T601 on Inspire1 pro coz first delivery

Of Inspire1 pro not have power certification we put T600 on it actually it’s T601. They could check T600 sticker Inspire1 pro and T601 sticker Inspire1 pro are all the same.

Cheers.

Best Regards,

Global Sales & Marketing|WWW.DJI.COM

So basically, all Inspire Pro are actually T601 - But they capped them down and added the T600 sticker so they could sell the upgraded Inspires before the CE & FCC certification went through for the power certification.
The reason must have been to let people have the new version and to stop them from freaking out about getting a lesser model when the certification was approved. Unfortunately this just caused more confusion as everyone has now obsessed on the T600 and T601 sticker! I simple explanation earlier in this matter could have helped everyone quite a bit.
I have a customer wanting to exchange the drone, which is a bit of a blow to our small early business and explaining to him about this just felt all so wrong. I may end up asking DJI if they can do anything about it. The alternative is for them to stick the T601 sticker on it since it's apparently the exact same model !

That's also explains the reason for the firmware split on the DJI website. You can either use the Inspire 1 PRO firmware or the Inspire 1. Why? Because the Inspire Pro firmware will remove the power certification cap they implemented in order to be able to sell the Inspire 1 Pro as a T600 till they could unlock it's full T601 potential.

T601 is actually the motor upgrade too from the Inspire 1 1.0 to the Inspire 1 2.0. But the Inspire 1 Pro already has the upgrade.

So the equation:
Inspire 1 Pro = T600 = T601 = Inspire 1 2.0 with an X5

I'm now actually quite satisfied with that response. It kind of clears the air for me. It still doesn't make it feel right. They should have really explained this to stop any confusion!

I am in Europe and own a T601 apparently. (It says so on the sticker)

I have not noticed any range issues even with partially obstructed line of sight, or at distances over 1 km. But I don't fly that far out often anyway.

Yes, the more recent Inspire 1 Pro will have the T601 sticker as they have now been certified to that power. The earlier Inspire 1 Pros had a T600 sticker and a firmware restriction so they could have the new models in the market before they got them approved.

Reactions: 4Kview
I had a long fruitless conversation with OFCOM at the UK Drone Show recently and they said the 25mW limit for UK was here to stay and whilst they appreciate that most of the aircraft at the show had more powerful transmitters than 25mW they could not enforce it because they dont have the staff !! Personally I think it needs reviewing, 25mW is crap not just distance wise but signal quality wise given the frequency is obstacle unfriendly as it is

Wow, so DJI got back to us! (we are a dealer in Ireland / EU)
And here is their answer:

So basically, all Inspire Pro are actually T601 - But they capped them down and added the T600 sticker so they could sell the upgraded Inspires before the CE & FCC certification went through for the power certification.
The reason must have been to let people have the new version and to stop them from freaking out about getting a lesser model when the certification was approved. Unfortunately this just caused more confusion as everyone has now obsessed on the T600 and T601 sticker! I simple explanation earlier in this matter could have helped everyone quite a bit.
I have a customer wanting to exchange the drone, which is a bit of a blow to our small early business and explaining to him about this just felt all so wrong. I may end up asking DJI if they can do anything about it. The alternative is for them to stick the T601 sticker on it since it's apparently the exact same model !

That's also explains the reason for the firmware split on the DJI website. You can either use the Inspire 1 PRO firmware or the Inspire 1. Why? Because the Inspire Pro firmware will remove the power certification cap they implemented in order to be able to sell the Inspire 1 Pro as a T600 till they could unlock it's full T601 potential.

T601 is actually the motor upgrade too from the Inspire 1 1.0 to the Inspire 1 2.0. But the Inspire 1 Pro already has the upgrade.

So the equation:
Inspire 1 Pro = T600 = T601 = Inspire 1 2.0 with an X5

I'm now actually quite satisfied with that response. It kind of clears the air for me. It still doesn't make it feel right. They should have really explained this to stop any confusion!

This is against what the DJI PM put out via Tahoe Ed

Regardless of the sticker both have the same output.

It's not relevant in CE anyhow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a long fruitless conversation with OFCOM at the UK Drone Show recently and they said the 25mW limit for UK was here to stay and whilst they appreciate that most of the aircraft at the show had more powerful transmitters than 25mW they could not enforce it because they dont have the staff !! Personally I think it needs reviewing, 25mW is crap not just distance wise but signal quality wise given the frequency is obstacle unfriendly as it is

OFCOM are rather silly in general

The easiest way to solve this is to open Ncore and see the hardware differences between the T600 and T601 versions within 30 days. I will post pictures of the Ncore t600 and Ncore T601 and see the differences between them.

The easiest way to solve this is to open Ncore and see the hardware differences between the T600 and T601 versions within 30 days. I will post pictures of the Ncore t600 and Ncore T601 and see the differences between them.
You do realise this thread is almost four years old since anyone read or had any interest in it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth