Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 - New Mount and 360 Camera

Reaction score
Website
www.zothar.com
I made a new mount and this time the attachment piece swivels into place and is attached with a second screw. The 1/4-20 tripod adapter came and I can finally mount my Gear 360 camera! Of course its dark now, b but hoping to post footage tomorrow sometime. I'm also thinking I will need an extender to bring the 360 camera lower.

Here's a few pics of the current setup. Video to follow.

Y35A0779.JPG Y35A0780.JPG Y35A0781.JPG Y35A0782.JPG Y35A0783.JPG Y35A0784.JPG Y35A0785.JPG Y35A0786.JPG Y35A0787.JPG Y35A0788.JPG

It worked great. However, if you try it use loctite or a tether just incase the vibration makes it unscrew. Can't help but have the X5 gimbal in the way, but it's still amazing. Not any issues with vibration messing with the video either. I'll see if I still have the short clip I recorded and post it.

I'm using one very similar, it was a tripod mount. Fly with it a lot!
I'm currently looking for a top mount, do you have one?

I made a new mount and this time the attachment piece swivels into place and is attached with a second screw. The 1/4-20 tripod adapter came and I can finally mount my Gear 360 camera! Of course its dark now, b but hoping to post footage tomorrow sometime. I'm also thinking I will need an extender to bring the 360 camera lower.

Here's a few pics of the current setup. Video to follow.

View attachment 16479View attachment 16480View attachment 16481View attachment 16482View attachment 16483View attachment 16484View attachment 16485View attachment 16486View attachment 16487View attachment 16488
Great idea... and for the mount and the X5S in the way...
Why not add a 4-8" extension post to the Tripod mount to lower the 360 camera below the X5S.
It would require a hand launch, but it'd work.

On second option.... what would be the maximum extension to place the 360 just barely off the ground for clearance?

Reactions: HKGHM
Pondering ideas to compliment your mount and have clearance.

Could a gravity extended post be created in the 3D printer. Would require gentle landings & takeoffs, if a sliding extension post was mounted, with weight of camera on end. When you lift off it would extend placing camera much lower. When landing (softly) the extension would collapse allowing skids to touch down

Ive sold 15 of these so far. A couple people have mounted 360 cams with loctite on the thread and no issues. Of course the x5s comes off if you dont want obstructions. Im looking into an alternate design with an offset mount to make tripod mounting easier. PM me if interested in buying one. Doesnt take me too long to make one.

Ive sold 15 of these so far. A couple people have mounted 360 cams with loctite on the thread and no issues. Of course the x5s comes off if you dont want obstructions. Im looking into an alternate design with an offset mount to make tripod mounting easier. PM me if interested in buying one. Doesnt take me too long to make one.
I'd be intersted in your 2nd Gen design. My goal would be to get the 360 lower. Let me know how that goes on the 2nd gen.

Where can I buy one? Need it asap. Thanks.

I've got the parts to make a couple more. I could have one made tonight and ship tomorrow. I charge $65 shipped USPS flat-rate. Payment can be sent via paypal to [email protected]. With the shipping address in comment or seperate e-mail.

Thanks,
Dan
unfortunately I need it by Friday in Los Angeles. I assume it wouldn't arrive by then. Are you open to selling the file for me to make one print then delete the file?

I've got the parts to make a couple more. I could have one made tonight and ship tomorrow. I charge $65 shipped USPS flat-rate. Payment can be sent via paypal to [email protected]. With the shipping address in comment or seperate e-mail.

Thanks,
Dan
Hey Dan, I got side tracked and lost track of this mount.
Did you get the V2 or updated version designed & completed?
Any pics of the new design? Does it drop the 360 down lower?
You can email me at [email protected]

I designed one with the offset away from the gimbal. There's a press fit 1/4-20 nut (standard tripod thread) in Red. The swivel for attaching is in blue. I haven't 3D printed one yet, wasn't sure if there was any interest for me to shell out $$$ to start making them. More complicated then the other one I make.

Doug, let me know if you'd like to try it, and I'll see about 3D printing one.
InspireMount2.jpg

Thanks,
Dan

I designed one with the offset away from the gimbal. There's a press fit 1/4-20 nut (standard tripod thread) in Red. The swivel for attaching is in blue. I haven't 3D printed one yet, wasn't sure if there was any interest for me to shell out $$$ to start making them. More complicated then the other one I make.

Doug, let me know if you'd like to try it, and I'll see about 3D printing one.
View attachment 26348

Thanks,
Dan
Dan, I see, the 360 would attach to the 1/4 20 bolt inserted into nut.
Since it's a fixed post, is there clearance between the 360 camera & ground or do you need to launch & land differently or utilize some form of extended feet too?

I'm interested... attempting to get a feel for how it all fits.
Would you be using the tougher stronger type material?
What price are you thinking for the package?

Few questions, what brand and model 360 cam are you using? The first gen samsung 360 would work with gear down. The second gen would need a modification to the design for sure.

If you can give me a couple measurements I can make one that would work just with the gear down. I would need the bottom of the Inspire 2 to the ground with gear down. And also the flat of the 360 camera attachment point to the other end of the camera. The red loctite would be a requirement too, that that the vibration wouldnt unscrew the camera mid flight.

Dan, I see, the 360 would attach to the 1/4 20 bolt inserted into nut.
Since it's a fixed post, is there clearance between the 360 camera & ground or do you need to launch & land differently or utilize some form of extended feet too?

I'm interested... attempting to get a feel for how it all fits.
Would you be using the tougher stronger type material?
What price are you thinking for the package?

Also, the first prototype would be made from Tough resin on a Formlabs Form 2. Once confirmed it works well, it would then be ABS plastic on an FDM printer. Both are very strong, and the mount is over designed to support 100lb+ load. (tested using spring scale).

Dan, don’t have the I2 measurements handy, can get that when case is available.

I went with the Insta360 One X, which is 114.5mm long.
In comparison, the Gear 360 2016 is 61mm, and 360 2017 is 101mm.

That may be to long for an underbelly mount unless legs had lifts. Although another thought was an even longer extension but a magnetic connection. If mounting base had a base post with magnet or metal (washer), and the extension had a strong magnet. The I2 could be hovered up, camera snapped into place... on return hover, camera removed, then landed.

I’m considering a 360 2016 for ease of use, but I really prefer the superior camera & image quality of the one x.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips