Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New fw v1.5.0.30 released now - 07.12.2015

Hmm just upgraded everything, the i1 first, the batts, next then the rc's I have.. now I have no signal to the I1 anymore.. im trying a down grade to 1.4.xx but this is quite disturbing..

Anyone run into this issue so far?

No issue here, I already had flashed the RC so it was just the aircraft and batteries. Went to no signal during the aircraft upgrade but all fine after reboot. Loving the gimbal yaw smoothing and finally being rid of the synchronous yaw :) 40mb/s at 1080/30p is welcome too...

It is NOW :p.
Originally it was a mistake and DJI made a public statement that follow me would NOT be introduced on the Inspire due to its MTOM.
They have now done a complete 180 (probably due to pressure from a plethora of third party apps that DID allow it).
It is highly unlikely we will ever get the truth out of them although I have asked them directly what (in their opinion) made an unsafe situation/feature suddenly into a safe one...... I have had silence so far :rolleyes:
Their* >.<

No issue here, I already had flashed the RC so it was just the aircraft and batteries. Went to no signal during the aircraft upgrade but all fine after reboot. Loving the gimbal yaw smoothing and finally being rid of the synchronous yaw :) 40mb/s at 1080/30p is welcome too...

Went to no signal?? I was under the impression the transmitter is NOT to be turned on during a firmware update.

Correct - Transmitter should be turned off, locked away in a lead lined nuclear bunker and sealed behind a time locked door during the aircraft upgrade!

"Always turn the TX on before the bird" is what gets drilled in to every newbies head. Then DJI come along with some crazy firmware upgrade procedure that contradicts it. ;)

"Always turn the TX on before the bird" is what gets drilled in to every newbies head. Then DJI come along with some crazy firmware upgrade procedure that contradicts it. ;)
Eh?...no, when you are going to fly you should ALWAYS turn the TX on first.
When you upgrade FW on the aircraft NEVER have the TX turned on.

DJI want to keep an eye on their wiki then, as it clearly states the Go app will display the aircraft upgrade progress (which it doesn't):

Inspire 1-How to Update Firmware - DJI Wiki

Never had an issue updating any DJI products with the exception of a V1 H3-3D that needed the jumper trick to bring it back to life :) It's a lot less stressful updating the I1 firmware than it was flashing the SAN controllers at work last week!

Hmm just upgraded everything, the i1 first, the batts, next then the rc's I have.. now I have no signal to the I1 anymore.. im trying a down grade to 1.4.xx but this is quite disturbing..

Anyone run into this issue so far?

Yes, I have a 2 week old Inspire V.2 (Never made it off the ground) that I did the upgrade last night, aircraft, camera, 2 batteries and controller and flew the simulator around after the update. Next morning no connection. Between the forums and DJI we determined it was a bad usb port. Not sure if it was the upgrade or just bad timing. I think it lost connection briefly a couple of times before but have only flown the simulator a couple of times. Maybe it was ready to fail. I would hate to think that the upgrade caused it. Rain and work schedule has kept me from real flying. Just sent the controller back to DJI.

Does anyone know if previously recorded waypoint missions are affected by the firmware upgrade? I have a series of missions I fly weekly to document something. Its imperative that the missions be flown identically each week.

Yes, I have a 2 week old Inspire V.2 (Never made it off the ground) that I did the upgrade last night, aircraft, camera, 2 batteries and controller and flew the simulator around after the update. Next morning no connection. Between the forums and DJI we determined it was a bad usb port. Not sure if it was the upgrade or just bad timing. I think it lost connection briefly a couple of times before but have only flown the simulator a couple of times. Maybe it was ready to fail. I would hate to think that the upgrade caused it. Rain and work schedule has kept me from real flying. Just sent the controller back to DJI.
Same happen to me?.after Go App upgrade no camera view when app is launched just states *ow to connect

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla