Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New fw v1.5.0.30 released now - 07.12.2015

Yep agree to check your settings!
The update has changed some of the video & camera settings to default, especially for those who use PAL over NTSC it flicks it back to NTSC.
And video back to 4K, MP4 back to MOV format & funnily enough pic stills stayed at 16:9.

Waited a couple days to see if you all had any issues,,,:p
Yep... it messes with the camera settings... :rolleyes:
...otherwise updating went well on my early "D" model Inspire... :cool:
Will fly it this weekend and confirm all is well...:oops:

On edit, update to above...
Flew 6 batts down...
'Follow Me' seemed buggy at times...
Otherwise this FW seems "ok"... ;)

Last edited:
Odd thing after firmware update a couple of times when powering off the UAV the transform motor lowered the craft a little bit.

Anyone else seen this?

Hi guys

Finally the update on the Inspire 1 PRO went well. Yesterday though a"CAMERA NEEDS UPDATE" appeared and then on the 4th flight of the day disappeared.

The bad story though is that my Phantom 3 PRO yesterday lost signal, tried to come back home and disappeared in the lagoon of the volcano Conception, on the Ometepe Island. Distance 480m and flying on a 50 to 70m box.
152 flights
359km done
Everything was ok
Any idea?

Looking for a door to adventure

So if this fixes the inspire camera - osmo issue, has anone benn told their "handle only" is now shipping?
I haven't.

You do need to upgrade all your batteries and you will get an on-screen reminder to do a full battery calibration (continuous 100% to 5% discharge) with each battery.
Is there a reccomeded way to drain batts if you can't get out to fly? Rain all week and it's not letting up. I calculate the props should be on to give the motors load... Does anyone drain batteries whilst still on the ground?

Is there a reccomeded way to drain batts if you can't get out to fly? Rain all week and it's not letting up. I calculate the props should be on to give the motors load... Does anyone drain batteries whilst still on the ground?
You will find plenty of explanations elsewhere of forum. You need to fully charge the battery to 100% (power on battery and connect to charger for final top up). Fly aircraft until you get to 20-10% and hover close to ground. Cancel all auto land. At 5% land BUT keep throttle up to stop it shutting off. Beware not to allow it to lift and tip forward. Continue until battery cells down to 3.3V, if you can, or it shuts down. This should be enough. The recharge battery to 100%. This will calibrate the battery discharge profile.

Reactions: AndrewH
Yep agree to check your settings!
The update has changed some of the video & camera settings to default, especially for those who use PAL over NTSC it flicks it back to NTSC.

For sure.
After updating my I1 x3 pretty much all the settings reverted to default. PAL went to NTSC etc. Most importantly RTH height changed from 110m to 20m.
The update process worked as expected.

Reactions: 3pa4ok
can any one help tried to update did not take when i restarted aircraft i get a loud beep over and over and nothing works gimbal went crazy all kind of error message on screen

WARNING!!!
I updated the RC firmware and battery update this AM. I flew this afternoon in an area that I have a minimum of 100 flights. It's my battery stretch area to keep them conditioned. I always fly at 100 feet and above to remain clear of all obstacles i.e. Tree's. I took off climbed to 124 feet and started to fly my normal race track pattern. I should back up for second and explain I had to reset all my pre-sets as they had been defaulted back to factory settings. After doing this and a normal pre flight and making sure I had minimum satellites I launched. As I started my first turn in the race track I noticed the trees looked closer than usual but as i started to react (throttle off climb on) it was too late. I heard the impact and the screen went blank. The I1 suffered significant damage. Would like to hear if others have noticed erroneous altitude readings since update. I will be calling DJI first thing Monday morning. Below is the final moments before the crash. Defiantly went into frisbee mode after impact. Unfortunately I wasn't shooting video.

WARNING!!!
I updated the RC firmware and battery update this AM. I flew this afternoon in an area that I have a minimum of 100 flights. It's my battery stretch area to keep them conditioned. I always fly at 100 feet and above to remain clear of all obstacles i.e. Tree's. I took off climbed to 124 feet and started to fly my normal race track pattern. I should back up for second and explain I had to reset all my pre-sets as they had been defaulted back to factory settings. After doing this and a normal pre flight and making sure I had minimum satellites I launched. As I started my first turn in the race track I noticed the trees looked closer than usual but as i started to react (throttle off climb on) it was too late. I heard the impact and the screen went blank. The I1 suffered significant damage. Would like to hear if others have noticed erroneous altitude readings since update. I will be calling DJI first thing Monday morning. Below is the final moments before the crash. Defiantly went into frisbee mode after impact. Unfortunately I wasn't shooting video.

Ouch sorry for your loss. Hope you get resolution quickly and get back in the air.

WARNING!!!

Ouch... Bummer... :(
I watch my altitude readout a lot as my baro sensor gets a bit flaky sometimes... starts drifting over time just after takeoff...
DJI agreed and said send it back, but I am waiting for snow to fly (season over) before doing so...
In the meantime...I figured out what seems to work with mine to get by...
First flight of the day... I always go straight up and let it hover at say 30 ft and leave it for several minutes...
If the baro sensor going to drift today... readout will stay at 30ft but the bird will sink or climb slowly...
If it drifts... I have found I can keep nudging it back till it stops changing and hangs steady...
The readout will be all wrong by this point... I then land it and power cycle the battery...
Repeat and it will be fine... will work the rest of the day fine also... I have found on mine...
Does not mean other birds will do the same...Just saying what mine will do sometimes...

In summary...
I added "Baro Check" to my post takeoff checklist and check for drift before flying away...
30 seconds or so of no drift hover before I commit to flying away... all flights...
3 mins on first flight of the day... rock steady hover before I leave from the home point...
I also added "Readout Check" to my prelanding checklist...
I stop the landing at about 3ft AGL and glance at the readout to confirm it did not drift much during flight...

That said... mine started doing this way back in the early summer... big baro drifts of up to 70ft off...
Has not drifted as much lately... couple feet first flight... then steady rest of day...
No change really when I did last FW update on Friday...
Drifted maybe 2ft first flight today... about the same as before the last update...

My opinion... you may have had a baro issue... it was not a FW caused issue today...

Last edited:
I just made a cable to attach a 24V truck light bulb to the battery, then just leave it about half an hour and its done

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Do DJI issue a how to definitive set of instructions on how to, what order and specifically what needs to be done with f/w releases? Or are we just left to figure it out for ourselves and trawl through forums?
We have i1 with x5 and all needs updating including iPad apps but not sure if still needs to be done via sd card for remotes or x5 or if now all done by app and if any specific order to be done in.
Surely there are walk through notes somewhere like they used to release?

How come so many have so much trouble with FW update? Ive done a lot of them and NEVER had any problem what so ever?

Same here. I never had not 1 problem with a firmware or its installation. I just installed the latest and flew 3 batteries in 12mph winds without a hitch.

That's (potentially) good news :)
I would like to see a few more reports of people leaving their batteries at say 50 or 60 percent for a few days and then go fly them and report no issues.
It will also be interesting to see what happens if people allow their batteries to go into self discharge and THEN pick them up and fly them.
If all is well then we can really say this issue is fixed.

It looks like you people making problems themselves . Any Lipo manual says that LIPO batteries must be fully and FRESHLY charged before EACH flight. Keep it simple - just follow the rules.
Never had problems with the batteries on the Inspire, but got sh-d
my pants flying P3Pro on max height and received the warning message to lend immediately dew to low power in all batteries cells
That happened when I left fully charged batteries for the couple of days.
Now I charge them strictly in a day the flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu