Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Samsung Note 4 Android v5.0.1 won't connect to v01.02.01.06 RC

Reaction score
Website
www.cirrusaerialphotography.com
My Galaxy Tab 4 connects fine to both controllers, but it's running on Android version 4.4.2. I've verified the AC and RCs are all running on firmware version 01.02.01.06. I've reinstalled the DJI Go app on the phone several times and tried various startup procedures to get it to connect to either RC. Anyone having issues with Android version 5.0.1? That's the only thing I can think it would be.

Hey CirrusAerial ..
welcome to inspirepilots.com. ..
I'm assuming your usb debugging is enabled? ?
Also when you try and connect to the i1 what color are the lights on your rc? Is it connected, but you can't get video or data?
My Galaxy Tab 4 connects fine to both controllers, but it's running on Android version 4.4.2. I've verified the AC and RCs are all running on firmware version 01.02.01.06. I've reinstalled the DJI Go app on the phone several times and tried various startup procedures to get it to connect to either RC. Anyone having issues with Android version 5.0.1? That's the only thing I can think it would be.

Sounds like your master is connected to the ac ,but your slave isn't. .
as far as not being able to connect to camera mode ,sounds like what I'm dealing with. .
I'm guessing it's something to do with the go app causing the usb port to lock up...
no Bueno. ..
Thanks for the reply turbodronepilot. Yes, my phone is in debugging mode and the lights on the slave and master are red and green, respectively. I've never set up my slave RC which was what I was attempting to do with my Note 4. The DJI GO app never lets me enter "camera mode" with the Note 4.

I know it's not the USB on the RC because my Galaxy Tab can connect to both RC and interact with the DJI GO App. All I can think is that its either the Note 4 itself or the Android version having a conflict. I don't think its the Note 4 because I can connect my USB other devices and transfer data. It also charges...kind of at a loss. Don't feel like buying another tablet mainly because DJI says the Note 4 should work...and naturally their customer service is horrible.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Ya man..
it could be a million different things that's for sure..
I've heard of the latest version of Google maps causing image quality issues..they resolved this by reverting back to a previous version. .
guess I'm not really sure what your issue is..lol...

I know it's not the USB on the RC because my Galaxy Tab can connect to both RC and interact with the DJI GO App. All I can think is that its either the Note 4 itself or the Android version having a conflict. I don't think its the Note 4 because I can connect my USB other devices and transfer data. It also charges...kind of at a loss. Don't feel like buying another tablet mainly because DJI says the Note 4 should work...and naturally their customer service is horrible.

Google play services is the app you want to revert to stock, not maps. The new version causes lag/crash issues cause dji coded the app to use the old version. Never heard of it causing it to not connect at all, but if using a new version of the app that just came out is probably a new bug. My galaxy note 4 works fine but I'm running a old version of the app and firmware from January. They have too many major bug issues in every version released so far so I don't update. Ain't broke don't fix it!

Be warned however that if you revert Google play services to stock on your phone then most Google apps like gmail, YouTube, and so on May not work correctly until you update it to current again but doing this will let you know if that's the cause, hopefully dji will fix this problem soon. Very annoying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44