Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New firmware available 1.2.1.06

go
where the F is that... ok you must be on an apple because my android doesn't have any of those settings in the advanced menu. unless im retarded... lights, signal lost on off for position sensor? i'v never seen any of that before. all i got is IOC on off and one other pointless option.

i'v called dji twice on this problem and their conclusion is a software glitch caused by a firmware update 4 versions ago disabled it. they have offered to fix it for free i just need to send it in. i have a filming event next month so after that i will probably just have them fix it and not have my toy for 1-6 months lol.

if i could hard reset the inspire back to factory it would fix the problem but dji refuses to give me any information on how to do it. pretty sure this is what they are going to do.
got ahold of a iphone 6 and i couldnt find advanced seetings in your screen shot. all i got was imu reedings

Eric, are you saying that we should simply use an IOS device and it will reset the I1? I have tried that and I still do not get the items in question such as turn on/off lights, position sensor on/off, etc. Maybe I am missing something. Actually, when I used my iPhone 6 I did not see the items on it. Plugged the android back in and it was the same.
I believe those setting only apply to the Phantom3. The settings are available in the app when not connected to the I1, but the moment you connect they disappear. Wish I could turn off the VPS, but alas...

CRAP! I just updated my TWO batteries (you guys have too many) but I got some weird results like OC did, do I have a virus ???

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 unsynchronized ======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.02.01.06.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: One day you might grow up to be like "OC".

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:10 unsynchronized ======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.02.01.06.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Don't be a pu$$y, let me get some AIR.

Something is not right, now I'm even more worried!!!

Reactions: Outta Control
I did the latest firmware update today..all 5 batterys updated..but on my first flight..ihad calibrated the compass. .when I took off in GPS mode, it started swaying back and forth like it had no satellites?? I had to control it down to land it almost hitting my porch..but landsafely..i grabbed another battery just to try, recalibrated compass and flew again..all ok on this flight..makes me nervous with these updates..Neverhad an issue before this?? Anyone else??

I did the latest firmware update today..all 5 batterys updated..but on my first flight..ihad calibrated the compass. .when I took off in GPS mode, it started swaying back and forth like it had no satellites?? I had to control it down to land it almost hitting my porch..but landsafely..i grabbed another battery just to try, recalibrated compass and flew again..all ok on this flight..makes me nervous with these updates..Neverhad an issue before this?? Anyone else??
wow! I gotta agree with our Editor. I'm going to sit this one out. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Probably not a bad idea to do an IMU cal after every FW update. Then a gimbal cal, and a compass cal. I also do a stick cal: Belts and suspenders, boys and girls! What could it hurt?

Reactions: The Editor
Do you have to swap each battery and then power on for it to update the battery?
Simply Yes. Keep the firmware BIN on your MicroSD card. Each time you power up with a new battery it will check and, if necessary, update the battery's firmware. Beware, that with 1.2.1.6 you will find you can not interrupt the update (you should not in any case) as the battery power button is disabled for around 5 minutes.

Eric, are you saying that we should simply use an IOS device and it will reset the I1? I have tried that and I still do not get the items in question such as turn on/off lights, position sensor on/off, etc. Maybe I am missing something. Actually, when I used my iPhone 6 I did not see the items on it. Plugged the android back in and it was the same.
I have never used anything but iOS devices but my assumption was that the bird will keep the VPS changed settings that are changeable in the iOS platform, nothing more. I very much could be wrong. Either way it sounds like DJI has some work to do.

Reactions: Outta Control
i with lastest version no problem ...at all :) switch to atti to gps all mode tested battery also updated

After yesterdays battery update- all 5 batterys updated..first flight after firmware update ddidn't go so well..had it in p mode..but when I took off it was flying like it was in attitud mode.. had to bring it down , almost hitting my deck but landed safely?? I changed batterys, and recalibrated. .flight was normal..afterflight went to charge battery, won'tlite up or charge?? Any help here...

After yesterdays battery update- all 5 batterys updated..first flight after firmware update ddidn't go so well..had it in p mode..but when I took off it was flying like it was in attitud mode.. had to bring it down , almost hitting my deck but landed safely?? I changed batterys, and recalibrated. .flight was normal..afterflight went to charge battery, won'tlite up or charge?? Any help here...

Actually, that's the exact same battery problem I'm having with the last update.

Probably not a bad idea to do an IMU cal after every FW update. Then a gimbal cal, and a compass cal. I also do a stick cal: Belts and suspenders, boys and girls! What could it hurt?
Will try that..easy thinking of doing that anyway

Since my batteries are NEVER stored at 40% or less, I'm going to sit this one out. o_O
That's the thing though, I had 2 out of 3 of my batteries brick on me this past sunday. I Flew Saturday evening around 730p. I always let the batts cool before I charge them. I put the first one on the charger around 9p and fell asleep before it was done. On Sunday around 9am I go to put the next one on charge and it is bricked. Nothing! not a single light. The 2 batteries were at 30% for around 12 hours and they were bricked. I think this is a scenario that could happen to alot of people so I recommend updating.

We emailed the place we purchased the batterys from and they are going to warranty it for us. .all other batterys were updated as well and haven't had any other problems. .. someone posted on how to revive a bricked battery in general discussion if that might help

Done 58 flights with my girl since March. Have upgraded the firmware each time and never had a problem - she has always flown perfectly. RTH height is always at what I set it (20) - NB remote & inspire must both be on and connected.
Maybe it's all to do with the clean air we have down here in Aus.!!!!!!!!
Would you be able to tell us which device and operating system you are using for you're pilot app?
I and others are unable to adjust the RTH altitude. I've got the iPad Air 2 with the latest firmware 8.3. I attempt to adjust the RTH altitude in the advanced section. No matter what altitude I enter, it is irrelevant as the inspire always defaults to 20 meters during RTH. My preferences change due to location. Mostly desire 30 - 40 meters due to tall trees.
Thank you if you can give this information.

Would you be able to tell us which device and operating system you are using for you're pilot app?
I and others are unable to adjust the RTH altitude. I've got the iPad Air 2 with the latest firmware 8.3. I attempt to adjust the RTH altitude in the advanced section. No matter what altitude I enter, it is irrelevant as the inspire always defaults to 20 meters during RTH. My preferences change due to location. Mostly desire 30 - 40 meters due to tall trees.
Thank you if you can give this information.
When you are entering any values into the Pilot App (RTH, Max Alt, Max Distance) you need to press the Done key to save it. If you simply move away the entered value is lost.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool