Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New firmware available 1.2.1.06

Anybody noticing any oscillation when spinning the inspire in a complete circle that the inspire doesn't hold its position like it supposed to after battery update? I flew mine yesterday for the first time after update and it used to hold its position when I give it the input to do a circle! Now half way through it starts to drift off its center! It also drifts when hands off sticks and there wasn't really any substantial wind gusts either! Yes I did all calibrations compass Imu and remote stick calibration before anyone asks! Before the update it held solid as a rock! I could put the remote down and walk away and go to the bathroom in my house and come back and it still be right where I left it! Now it drifts like there's an input being put in for it to move! Anybody else seen this yet after update?

When you are entering any values into the Pilot App (RTH, Max Alt, Max Distance) you need to press the Done key to save it. If you simply move away the entered value is lost.
Yes, of course I did do that. I've attempted multiple scenarios with the app.
Are you using the same IOS and I-Pad Air 2 as well?

Then, I am perplexed.
Thanks
With the RC and Inspire 1 powered up and talking to each I have never had any problems entering and retaining any of the user inputted values (RTH, Range, Altitude) using Pilot App on my iPads (latest 1.1.2). Everytime I go flying I always double check the values (as per my FRCs) but they are always correctly stored (in the Inspire 1 not Pilot App) and displayed.

My DJI Pilot App is version 1.1.2
Is your version the same?
Within the Advanced, Failsafe settings, Return-To-Home Altitude, there is Only the box for entering the number of meters. There is a DONE button located on the I-pad popup keyboard. I have of course clicked this button assuming to complete the entry.
No other Done button within the actual Pilot App exists.
Perhaps I need to uninstall the app and reinstall.

With the RC and Inspire 1 powered up and talking to each I have never had any problems entering and retaining any of the user inputted values (RTH, Range, Altitude) using Pilot App on my iPads (latest 1.1.2). Everytime I go flying I always double check the values (as per my FRCs) but they are always correctly stored (in the Inspire 1 not Pilot App) and displayed.
Ok..thanks.
I've made other successful setting changes within the app...But the RTH, I've no success. I can't figure out why.

That's the thing though, I had 2 out of 3 of my batteries brick on me this past sunday. I Flew Saturday evening around 730p. I always let the batts cool before I charge them. I put the first one on the charger around 9p and fell asleep before it was done. On Sunday around 9am I go to put the next one on charge and it is bricked. Nothing! not a single light. The 2 batteries were at 30% for around 12 hours and they were bricked. I think this is a scenario that could happen to alot of people so I recommend updating.
OK... couldn't take it any longer :p.... upgraded all batts no problem. Takes around 90 seconds per battery.

Then (although not necessary) did my usual practice of calibrating everything after a firmware update (about the only time I do).

Yes - I KNOW it was the batteries only that took the upgrade but this is DJI so I err on the side of caution and calibrate, IMU, Compass and Sticks after ANY FW upgrade. (After all... who knows whether DJI have had a poke around in the AC firmware and not documented anything or it doesn't appear on the log?????)
Like they have never fouled up on FW before eh? :rolleyes: So I'm playing safe.

So when you powered her up, was the battery the only thing that updated? And not the bird?

I had trouble with installing the ".03" (wouldn't read the SD card; nothing happened after 30 minutes of waiting). I tried it 3 times, formatting each time and re-uploading file to the card root directory. I remember hearing someone say you have to eliminate the "how to update" PDF from the folder, leaving ONLY the ".bin" file, but the PDF wouldn't delete. Are the firmware updates retroactively inclusive, containing all prior updates within them? In other words, can I try skipping the ".03" and just install the ".06"? Any help is greatly appreciated!

I had trouble with installing the ".03" (wouldn't read the SD card; nothing happened after 30 minutes of waiting). I tried it 3 times, formatting each time and re-uploading file to the card root directory. I remember hearing someone say you have to eliminate the "how to update" PDF from the folder, leaving ONLY the ".bin" file, but the PDF wouldn't delete. Are the firmware updates retroactively inclusive, containing all prior updates within them? In other words, can I try skipping the ".03" and just install the ".06"? Any help is greatly appreciated!

The Bin shouldn't remain in the folder. It should be copied to the root directory of the microSD card. Is that what you did?

So no issues with updating battery then!!

Why does it always feel when you do a DJI Style update its a Multi Rotor version of Russian Roulette?

Now do I update as she is flying bang on?.........

Anybody noticing any oscillation when spinning the inspire in a complete circle that the inspire doesn't hold its position like it supposed to after battery update? I flew mine yesterday for the first time after update and it used to hold its position when I give it the input to do a circle! Now half way through it starts to drift off its center! It also drifts when hands off sticks and there wasn't really any substantial wind gusts either! Yes I did all calibrations compass Imu and remote stick calibration before anyone asks! Before the update it held solid as a rock! I could put the remote down and walk away and go to the bathroom in my house and come back and it still be right where I left it! Now it drifts like there's an input being put in for it to move! Anybody else seen this yet after update?
Yes, I've noticed the drift after the update as well. I actually had a roll over when landing it today. I was fighting the drift pretty hard while trying to land. set it down and was about half a second away from the motor shutting down after touch down, i let go of the right stick thinking it was down, then she got lively and just rolled over on me. I killed the motors from the upside down position. I'm pretty upset.

Thought I was the only one! It's not holding like it used to at all! I have recalibrate everything and it still wonders off from where I put it!

Does it drift steadily in one direction? (I don't mean with the wind or anything but is it a steady drift?)

Yes it's a steady drift! And if I input for it to spin like in place it starts to drift off to the right or the left it really doesn't matter which way it just drifts either way!

Yes it's a steady drift! And if I input for it to spin like in place it starts to drift off to the right or the left it really doesn't matter which way it just drifts either way!
OK, in that case can I suggest you try something. Do another IMU calibration (obviously making sure its on a level vibration free surface etc and not disturbed in any way during its calibration) but do the calibration immediately you turn on the inspire so the IMU/flight controller is cold.
As soon as the gimbal has done its auto calibrate bit and your lady has said "welcome to your aircraft" etc go straight in and calibrate the IMU.
Give that a try.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Ok! I'll do that in the morning! It's dark here in Florida rightnow! Thank you for your advice and help!

So we have updated to Inspire 1 Firmware v1.2.1.06 and 1.1.2 IOS app, which, unless I'm mistaken, but cant find it anywhere has done away with the IMU calibration function.

There is a known fault with the inspire that the camera periodically does not have the camera level, especially after a firmware update, and even when using the level gimbal function would be problematic and work for a few minutes at best. Recalibrating the IMU fixed this.

So if the calibration IMU function has now been removed - I'm at least hoping these other issues have now been resolved?

Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc